CBR600F3 Headlight out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBR600F3 Headlight out

I've got an issue with my CBR600F3. The headlights gone inop. Replaced fuses, replaced globe, and tried bypassing the headlight switch. Nada, no light. The pass switch works however, so there is power getting through.

Both globe filaments light up when 12v is applied to the plug directly, so the earthing in the loom is ok.

Ran out of time last night to keep going, so I was going through the wiring schematics this morning. The schmematic shows the starter button pulling the main headlight power wire open circuit when the starter is pressed. Anyone had this problem before? Bike starts fine, just no headlight.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
    For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Sorted - no power on the othre side of the starter switch for the headlight - bypassed for the moment until I get time to strip the handgrip assembly apart and fix it. Mods, can you please lock?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
    For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

I had the same problem on my vtr 250. After some testing of the connector behind the headlight I found the circut for the headlight was open at all times when it should be closed when the key is on on and open only when the start switch is pressed to use the starter. Well pulled apart the handgrip starter switch assembly and found one of the wires on the switch had come un soldered. It was an easy fix, soldering iron and some solder and bobs your uncle.

Comment

Working...
      X