Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Compressors for around $200?

Hi All

I am chasing a cheapish a small home compressor to run a rattle gun, odd small spray job and general blow drying of parts etc.

Bunnings has a couple at the moment one is ~$200 with some accessories such as rattle gun, spray gun, hose etc. It is a no name brand, I was hoping to get one of the GMC brands they used to have however according to Bunnings GMC went bust about 6 months ago.

Can anyone recommend a brand or place to purchase from?

I will have a look at super cheap today and see what they have.

Cheers
    10 metre rule - Takes the guess work out of f_cking ugly!!!

forget supercheap. I have had a few of their cheapies over the years, they are shithouse.

GMC went bust, and even then wouldn't use them, their shit breaks and their warranty support is shithouse.

I have been running a bunnings trade air one for a while now on a recommendation, has been very good so far.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. The Trade air one is the model they have at bunnings for around $200 with the accessories.
      10 metre rule - Takes the guess work out of f_cking ugly!!!

Comment

I don't know if you guys have K&D warehouse over your way, but if so, they have 2.5hp hyundai comps with a decent size (can't remember, but sufficient) tank for 130-170 bucks that look good for the price.
        Originally posted by Dragunov-21
        If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

I got a cheapy from supercheap but i just use it to spray degreaser and blow down my quad after riding, theres no way it would handle a rattle gun or decent spray gun... i've seen some decent ones at glenfords.....

Comment

My supercrap is fine for airbrushing, drops PSI too quick for serious spray painting, it ALMOST runs a rattle gun if you take the regulators off. Spend a couple more bucks or you will kick yourself.
            It has a dual purpose. ~ Tom Smitheringale

Comment

if they last you 2 years at that price consider yourself lucky. You get what you pay for.
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I've had a GMC for about 3 years without any issues. (40L, 2hp from memory?)
                Fine for inflating tyres and blowing dust around the place.
                Worked well when I painted my bike. Rarely had to wait for the compressor to catch up.
                Barely runs a rattle gun. If it hasnt loosened the bolt after 3 seconds, you have to wait 30 for the compressor to build up charge and try again.
                Useless for running a sand blaster.

Bigger tank + more power = betterer
                Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

i had one from repco, i think it was a scorpion. 2.5hp i think. i fitted another tank to it and it did everything. 1/2 in impact gun, spraygun, diegrinder, and i never had to wait for it to build up.

I also have another air tank here that i would let go for a carton.
                  40lt i think, Primary dry tank from a truck.
                  If not its goin under the tray of my ute with a 12v compressor for doing stuff at home.

I can get more from work.
                  IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Can you buy a cheapie and then stick a woping great tank on it?
                    You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

You can, but the motor will still eventually fail.

My little airbrushing one's started making funny noises that don't bode well...
                      If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov-21 View Post
                        You can, but the motor will still eventually fail.

My little airbrushing one's started making funny noises that don't bode well...

Bah, every motor will fail eventually....

My Bunnings $199 special is still ticking on after 3 years....

Comment

Try:
                          Coventrys
                          Blackwoods
                          BOC
                          Toolmart

Comment

I've owned my chinese cheapy for about a month, so while it's to be expected, I don't hold out a lot of hope...

Which is why I bought two to start with

Comment

Working...
                            X