Bring out your blacks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring out your blacks!

What do you guys use on your frames, black plastics etc?
    I'm looking for something like armourall for cars that I can use. Will armourall suffice, or is there something better like a liquid wax I could use?

Try this stuff out -

ballistol - The World's Most Use-ful & Environmentally Friendly Lubricant

Bunnings has it or your local gunshop should have it to...

Comment

Try Mr Sheen

Oh BTW if your looking at repainting the black bits, gloss black brake paint is the go, almost the same colour as the black that is on most bikes. Its also fuel safe and pretty hard wearing.

Comment

Yeah I tend to go with Mr Sheen as well. Doesn't promote shit sticking to it like armourall does.

Comment

CRC 808 Silicone Spray. Awesome stuff, just keep it away from tyres and your seat!
          Theirs no replacement for displacement

Comment

if you go to most auto shops they sell a special black pigment kit that is designed to do black plastic car bumpers it also add an extra layer of protection and wont flake off like most paints the kits usually retail for around 30 to 50 dollars
            A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

Originally posted by SIKPUPY View Post
              Try Mr Sheen
              Winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Souter View Post
                CRC 808 Silicone Spray. Awesome stuff, just keep it away from tyres and your seat!
                I use this aswell, have been for years. Used to use to make my engine bay nice and shiny for car shows and of course for tyres and it used to last for ages. When i bought my quad it was great for bringing the plastics/frame and engine back to new.

Comment

Mr Sheen has no sun protection which can lead to early fading of paint. I learnt that the hard way from experience. Especially with red framed bikes which faded badly.

Some of the things already suggested will just leave a shine from an oily film without offering any real protection.

If it is just some sort of polish that you are after for a black frame try the Honda branded wax. It comes in a spray can and contains cleaners and carnauba wax. It is fairly cheap at around $15-16 per can. I sprayed it everywhere, tank, rims, frame, screen and even the chrome on my Dad's Guzzi and it came up really good.

Comment

Desmo's bikes sit in the lounge room on display, dont need sun protection there.

Originally posted by Veefore View Post
                    Mr Sheen has no sun protection which can lead to early fading of paint. I learnt that the hard way from experience. Especially with red framed bikes which faded badly.

I have always used mister sheen, my bikes are nearly always garaged or out of the sun when not in use though.

Comment

Originally posted by SIKPUPY View Post
                      Desmo's bikes sit in the lounge room on display, dont need sun protection there.

I have always used mister sheen, my bikes are nearly always garaged or out of the sun when not in use though.
                      Back when I worked in the bike industry we ALL used Mr Sheen. It never really mattered on a bike kept inside the showroom but my bikes always spent way more time outside than inside and I have learnt enough since then that I would now prefer to use a more appropriate product if one is available to me.

Comment

SIKPUPY: Actually they're out back.^_^
                        But still don't need sun protections
                        c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Working...
                        X