Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuning a pc3

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone here has some experience with playing around with the power commander 3?

Basicly, I'm up to the stage in my project where I need to richen up the mixture, as it looks like it's running a bit lean with the lower compression headgasket. Dont want to take it to a tuner, as it's not at that stage. However, I'd like to learn how to go about learning it myself, so once the turbo goes on I can put the fueling in a safe place, and do enough testing to convince myself there shouldn't be any dramas ance it goes on the dyno.

Problem is, I don't have a clue what I'm doing just yet!

Can anyone help out? Tips, experience, advice all welcomed

Cheers,
    Ryder

You can manually adjust low / mid / high as per the manual . Have you got the instal CD?

You might have to get the hardware from dyno jet re boost pressure switch etc to prevent lean out/detonation when the turbo spools up. (though you no doubt have already considered this)
    When life throws you a few curves
    GET YOUR KNEE DOWN!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattstaZX10r View Post
      You can manually adjust low / mid / high as per the manual . Have you got the instal CD?
      Nope, and I'm having a hard time downloading it. Keeps dropping out, damn shaped internet speed

You might have to get the hardware from dyno jet re boost pressure switch etc to prevent lean out/detonation when the turbo spools up. (though you no doubt have already considered this)
      Not 100% sure what you mean? I was thinking I'd just be able to modify the time the new injectors were open for at high RPM to prevent any leaning out under boost, (using the program on the CD I don't have) - won't this be possible?

Just saw they have ignition timing controlers on thier website too, very interesting...

Comment

You will need the ignition retard function combined with a boost pressure switch compatible with the Dynojet sofware. If you have no joy I will try to post up a link.
        Have you looked at the the C.A.P.A website ? you might find some info on Matt M's blown CBR 600 etc..
        When life throws you a few curves
        GET YOUR KNEE DOWN!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattstaZX10r View Post
          You will need the ignition retard function combined with a boost pressure switch compatible with the Dynojet sofware. If you have no joy I will try to post up a link.
          Have you looked at the the C.A.P.A website ? you might find some info on Matt M's blown CBR 600 etc..
          Having a look around on the internet, cant find a lot of information. I'm assuming you're talking about backing off the ignition timing when she comes on boost? Because I may not need a pressure switch, may just be able to do it through the power commander, just looking at thier new hardware
          Check it out
          Ignition Module, Power Commander Ignition Module

Have had a look at CAPA, in fact I even emailed them a few months ago with questions about fuel injection options. They never bothered to reply, I guess they just prefer easy money from pre-made bolt on kits, than having to work for it...

Comment

Working...
          X