Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 520 Chain conversion Kit

Hey everybody

I'm just wondering if anybody has done a 520 chain/sprocket conversion on their bike. I've got an 08 R6 and just wondering if it's worth it.

Cheers.
    Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.

An 08 R6, you say?
    Originally posted by Melkor
    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

If your chain and sprockets are fine Kane I wouldn't bother unless, you wanted to change the ratio's like on my Duke.
      There are two questions in life.
      1:Which way do I go
      2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

There is really no point in changing your chain to 520 unless you are going to be changing your ratio too. I did mine on my 07 ZX10R this thing was mental... deff a first upgrade IMO

Comment

The slightly lower reciprocating mass may make a small difference but the biggest difference would be changing the ratios at the same time. I have a 520 and went +1 on the rear. It has made a difference, and bigger than I thought. 2nd gear wheelies are actually possible on the R1 without too much clutch abuse now.
          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
          In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
          Amen, brother. Amen.
          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by Kane It View Post
            Hey everybody

I'm just wondering if anybody has done a 520 chain/sprocket conversion on their bike. I've got an 08 R6 and just wondering if it's worth it.

Cheers.
            Yes I have, and in my opinion, no it's not.
            Changing ratios however is another kettle of fish.
            Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

There have been a few threads covering this lately... i CBF searching and seem to be unable to find anything when i do so yeah just have a look.

I recently did a 520 conversion with a -1F and +1R on my gixxer 600, pretty big difference picks up with a bit more bite now.

EDIT: But it really is the ratio as all have said that is really responsible for the better pick up

Comment

Did the 520 conversion on Kermit, plus a ratio change... am going to go back to the stock ratio next sprocket\chain change...
                Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

If you're just street riding, you'll probably not notice the difference in mass between a 520 and 530 chain.

But you'll likely notice a reduction in chain life, particularly if you like twisting the throttle or sitting at higher speeds.

Comment

So a 520 chain has a shorter lifespan eh?

Just because its lighter?

Comment

The difference in life from a 525 - 520 on the street wouldnt
                      be that significant..

IMHO as already said, leave 525 and change sprocket ratio.

Comment

Working...
                      X