Fuel Tap Diaphragm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tap Diaphragm

When I painted my CBR250RR's fuel tank, because of the time it took, the fuel tap appears to have dried out a little and the diaphragm became ineffective. Me dad (ex mechanic) fixed it up with some petrol-proof paste or something....

anyways, is it possible to get a new diaphragm by itself for less than an arm and/or a leg?
    local honda shop wants me to pay $220 for the entire fuel tap, something about liability if i put it together wrong.
    any help is muchly appreciated
    We R1, but we are many.

" "We just ran a rego check and there's a discrepancy with your license." I slowly pulled it out of my wallet, feeling the ghostlike brush of sharp tropical leaves on my sphincter before handing it over. "

is the diaphragm your talking about the round rubber/plastic piece inside the fuel tap?. I had to fix mine 2 weeks ago. My fuel tap broke and flooded the carbs and cylenders full of fuel... This happenned With the tap In the OFF position. I bought a service kit (new) for 90? bucks from the 2
    WheelWreckers.

From memory the kit included everything needed to fix it. inner diaphragm, spring seats, new screws, spring, even the metal cover the vacume hose connects to.

Installing it wasn't hard, Just be really gentle and careful not to pinch it screwing it back together. And make sure ya test it thoroughly before you ride it. Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

I assume the 250RR would be the same as with the carbed CBR1100XX BB's in that the fuel tap has a replaceable diaphragm

Quite a few guys on the US BB forums have changed theirs out no problem, they seem to have more of a problem with it due to the long periods their bikes aren't ridden during the winter

Just sound like the dealer wanting to rip you off
      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
      Originally posted by Phildo
      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
      Originally posted by filbert
      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

That's awesome trento, i'll look into them
        To be honest I only went to the honda shop to find out exactly what i needed, i knew they'd charge 2 or 3 times, if not more, for what i needed.
        Yay for internets
        We R1, but we are many.

" "We just ran a rego check and there's a discrepancy with your license." I slowly pulled it out of my wallet, feeling the ghostlike brush of sharp tropical leaves on my sphincter before handing it over. "

Comment

Working...
        X