Start damn it!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start damn it!!

Havent been on a bike since the 20th of July when I crashed head on into a car while riding through the alps in Germany. Anyway today I decided it was time to jump back on my bike since I can now almost walk (can get around on one walking stick), but the bike wont start... typical.

Its a K6 gsxr1000 and I last started it about 4 weeks ago. The battery was flat but with a jump start she kicked over no worries. This time even with the jumper leads connected she wouldn't kick over. The kill swith wasnt on, fuses look good, changed the battery over for one we had in another bike but still no luck.

In the end I was so keen for a ride RT gave me a push down the road and we got her going, but thats not gonna work for me with my broken leg. Thinking maybe starter motor... I can hear the fuel pump turn on, and the lights all pop up but I hit the iginition switch and nothing.

Any ideas??
    helmet hair is all the fashion statement i need #154

.. can you bridge a lead from the battery to the starter & see if it kicks using a direct approach (use one of the jumper leads)?

From a quick look at the wiring diag this bike has both a clutch switch & a sidestand switch connected to an immobiliser circuit, check these switches to see if they operate correctly.

Online manual at Suzuki GSXR 1000 k5 K6 Service Manual, page 512 for wiring diag.
    .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Have you checked all the fuses with a test light ?? There is prolly a large one on the starter circuit near the solenoid have not looked at at gixxer but it will be there somewhere.

MM

Comment

If it's been sitting for a few months the fuel might be a bit shite, I'd drain the tank and replace with fresh stuff, it can only help.
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
          Have you checked all the fuses with a test light ?? There is prolly a large one on the starter circuit near the solenoid have not looked at at gixxer but it will be there somewhere.
          This one is my first thought too
          Especially if you jump started before - has a tendency to blow fuses :p

Pull the fuse out and inspect and put a circuit tester across it
          Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
          One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
          . .

Comment

I should check the fuses more thoroughly for sure. Will try circuit testing them.

Otherwise I'll jump start it again and take it too the shop. Kinda confused as to whats going on if its not a blown fuse and so need my bike back now I can hobble

Comment

Was none of the above... fricken electronics!!

Comment

Yoshi - check your toolkit for a can of this

Comment

So it did start when you pushed it, but no longer? Even after a quick ride, as soon as you turned it off it wouldn't fire via the start button?

On my 750, I pulled about a 5cm bug out of the contact on the inside of the starter switch. Perhaps bridging the starter motor idea has merit.

Comment

Working...
                  X