Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake Pad's

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brake Pad's

    Hi All,

    Used the search and from the limited 4 threads that came up I have come to the conclusion (correct me if i'm wrong) that the EBC HH pads are the best option for a street bike (08CBR600RR) with occasional track use. Where can I get these before friday? Will 100kms be enough to bed in new pads before the RAC ARD on sat?
    Originally posted by Rocket
    Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

  • #2
    Most shops should be able to get them for you before the w/end.
    Dont worry too much about bedding them in.
    Riding - Living the dream...

    Comment


    • #3
      You should be able to find a set locally pretty easily. But in future, check out some of the US online stores, I've been getting them at half of the local price.

      As far as bedding them in, I've never had any issues just doing a session on the track starting out braking a bit earlier and gentler, working up to later and harder braking. Half a dozen laps and they're good to go. Having said that they seem to have at least %80 of their stopping power straight out of the pack.

      Maybe at AHG use the straight between the chicanes to brake progressively harder during your first session, giving yourself a bit of extra room everywhere else.

      Comment


      • #4
        so the EBC HH is a good option?
        Originally posted by Rocket
        Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have no complaints with them. Stop alright, last alright, and cheap (if you buy overseas).

          Comment


          • #6
            For day to day riding you are probally better off with a sprint compound ie EBC green, but it depends on what your bike was fitted with OEM. Softer sprint compounds also don't eat discs in their spare time.
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

            Comment


            • #7
              having a bit of trouble tracking down pads before th W/E. Seems to be heaps of the bendix supersport pads around. Anyone used these?
              Originally posted by Rocket
              Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ozzypatrol View Post
                having a bit of trouble tracking down pads before th W/E. Seems to be heaps of the bendix supersport pads around. Anyone used these?
                Yeah, they're a bit strange. Not sure if I had "supersport" ones or not, but they had carbon in them and were shockingly bad until they warmed up, but then they were very good.

                It only took one lap of barbagello's to warm them up, but annoying nonetheless. I'd grab them if you can't find anything else.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Don't be scared to use oem pads if ur having trouble sourcing ur preferred choice.

                  I would be shocked if the local honda dealers didn't have pads off the shelf for a cbr600
                  Posted via Mobile Device
                  Originally posted by Bendito
                  If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    speak to honduh.
                    Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've used EBC, OEM & a set of Bendix on my race bikes.

                      All stopped well with good feel but the EBC's lasted significantly better than OEM at the track; that said I have raced using both.
                      .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

                      .. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                        Don't be scared to use oem pads if ur having trouble sourcing ur preferred choice.

                        I would be shocked if the local honda dealers didn't have pads off the shelf for a cbr600
                        Posted via Mobile Device
                        Be shocked.

                        Honda Shop in midland don't stock OEM pads. Also sometimes there can be shortages due to upcoming racing events.

                        FWIW I use OEM pads in my race bike, so does Kev, so does the Honda team in ASBK.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mm for some reason I thought they would keep a couple of sets on the shelf for their popular models, for use by their service dept.

                          What do they do when a customer drops a bike off for a service and find its got knackered pads?

                          Posted via Mobile Device
                          Originally posted by Bendito
                          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            sorted, couldn't find any at the causeway but was able to track them down @ the honda shop in midland. Just thought i'd give the EBC ago and speaking to the blokes at my local dealer they said it's way cheaper then OEM
                            Originally posted by Rocket
                            Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                              Mm for some reason I thought they would keep a couple of sets on the shelf for their popular models, for use by their service dept.

                              What do they do when a customer drops a bike off for a service and find its got knackered pads?

                              Posted via Mobile Device
                              Chuck in EBC HH or wait from over east
                              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                              Originally posted by Phildo
                              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                              Originally posted by filbert
                              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                              98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X