• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chain types

what are the differences between

RK GXW520 ?
    DID ERV3 ?
    EK MVZX ?

as you may have guessed im ordering some stuff and got stuck can any one point out the differences between these chain types (strength ect )

Very little difference. They're all x-ring 520 chains, and will all easily handle the sub-200hp your bike is putting out. In fact, I'm pretty sure most of the GP bikes use the DID ERV3, so you're not going to have any dramas with strength.

Keep whatever you buy clean, and they should all last about the same amount of time.
    FTP

Comment

ok even if the nos kit im looking at puts me at 205rwhp not including ram air?
      Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
        .. In fact, I'm pretty sure most of the GP bikes use the DID ERV3, so you're not going to have any dramas with strength...
        I don't know anything about much at all regarding chains, but the GP would be pushing more than 205 rwhp wouldn't they?

Comment

the chains listed are all good chains, and the operational differences between them would come down to maintenance rather than construction. WTF have had some issues with DID so we are trying RK for a while.
          the chains used on Motogp are not the type we can buy, most seem to use Regina.
          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

thanks guys if they are all good i will get a gold one. The Did didnt come in gold i will try one of the others
            Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

The DID ERV3 only comes in gold, mate.

Originally posted by arwon View Post
              the chains used on Motogp are not the type we can buy, most seem to use Regina.
              Not unless they've completely changed since last season. Kinda surprised me when I originally read it, TBH. I thought they'd be running non o-ringed chains to reduce friction, and because longevity isn't really an issue.
              DID Link
              FTP

Comment

I have a freind who rode the 6day international enduro a couple of years back on a major Yamaha team. He was supplied a very special chain from regina that no one could buy he than had to hand it back after the 6 days. it didn't need adjusting and looked like new and I'm told cost over 1K US at the time. I'd say Moto GP uses chains something of this quality or higher.

MM

Comment

Hmm, I guess it's entirely possible that I was suckered by the marketing department.
                  FTP

Comment

I saw the same ad Tim, in AMCN it stated Rizla Suzuki use the DID ERV 3 in 520 pitch... I also thought they would run a chain with no o rings.

Maybe if they had a $1000 chain they wouldn't be so shite..

Comment

Dunno mate I had to ask a few times about the chain he HAD to give back! 1st I'd ever heard of it after all its just a chain well I would have thought.

MM

Comment

Working...
                      X