(bicarb)soda blaster DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (bicarb)soda blaster DIY

found this this article - seems cool n handy enuff - might be useful to somebody

E

awesome. bookmarked.
    Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

Fuck yeah

That's cool as

Comment

Very cool, will definitely give this a go!

Comment

Would it work with any other medium...??
          Norm
          Its a Tour not a Race - Just don't get in my way when I'm Touring.

OzVFR.net MGP Tipping Mews News

Comment

cool as! might use it to blast something/someone else tho haha

Originally posted by HotelBushranger
            Talked to some chick today at the village that rides a GPX 250. Wasn't very friendly though, must have crabs.

Comment

It will work ... sort of. Cheap guns off the shelf ($30-$70) are OK to push soda or grit through, but the problem is supplying sufficient air to keep it flowing well. There's a fine line between getting enough air out of the gun and mixing in the right amount of material; too much air, nothing gets lifted, too much soda or grit and you may as well spend your time down the beach building castles instead ... Proper blasting requires LOTS of pressure - 60 psi+ min, continuously to flow well. On a 3hp 17cfm 50L compressor, using a decent sized barrel style blaster, you'll have trouble maintaining pressure at the gun, and may run as low as 20psi, which will mean many months of Sundays to get the job done. How do I know all this ? I've done it.

If anyone wants something blasted, PM me.

Comment

What do you blast with bicarb ??

MM

Comment

Originally posted by Marty MOOSE View Post

MM
                  coke cans

no, its great for cleaning residue off alloy carbs and other fiddly parts.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

good find
                    Originally posted by Bendito
                    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

AHHH thx

Comment

Not a bad idea.
                        I just bought a 1.6L ultrasonic heated jewellery cleaner off ebay, $230 but cleans the f*ck outa dirty stuff AND the best part, turn it on and walk away.

Looks similar to this one vv

07 MV F41000R
                        09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                        07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                        sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

.. I can see this earning you a few bevvies .

Originally posted by Ozboy View Post
                          Not a bad idea.
                          I just bought a 1.6L ultrasonic heated jewellery cleaner off ebay, $230 but cleans the f*ck outa dirty stuff AND the best part, turn it on and walk away.

Looks similar to this one vv

.. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Originally posted by Marty MOOSE View Post

MM
                            Handy for any soft metal engine parts, as even walnut shell or other soft grit can become embedded in the metal, coming free when you least want it. Bicarb simply washes away

Also: Ultrasonic cleaner, nice... What cleaning fluid does it use?

Comment

I've just bought some bits to make one of these, but wondering how something like this might do the job:
                              Air Sand Blast Gun 600ml - Supercheap Auto

I've got no problems with air. Big industrial scale compressor at hand.

Cool vid here: http://www.garagenight.tv/diy-soda-blasting-build-your-own-rig-cheap/
                              Last edited by sathid; 21-12-2010, 10:34 PM.
                              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Working...
                              X