Ducati #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducati #3

Right now, somewhere between Brisbane and Perth, this sucker is bouncing along in the back of a truck. Hopefully safely crated up.

It's got 11,000 original kays on it. 2001 996S ex Japan, so obviously unregistered. Going to be very happy alongside the 1198S and the 1098R. Need a 999 now?

Whilst it's not going to have a full megabuild done to it, I am going to bring it back to original OEM (new everything that's needed, get rid of that shitty clutch cover for a start).

I also got a very friendly return call from Borgo Panigale telling me the bike was originally yellow (go figure?) so a respray it will likely be.

Are you trying to do a Fibonacci sequence with Ducatis?
    -

Comment

Very nice. You have got a nice little collection going there :fap:
      BUY MY BIKE - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...1000rr-151241/

Comment

nice work kryten
        got a few to go to catch up lol
        q
        bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
        -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
        __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

nice!

Comment

Originally posted by quattro750 View Post
            nice work kryten
            got a few to go to catch up lol
            q
            1 bike at a time mate! The first was the hardest to get past the minister of recreation, they seem to be getting easier now.

Comment

Sweet, love that model.

Comment

The process of ordering all the bits and pieces to bring it back to new/original has started. Wow shit for these is expensive. New radiators are $2000+ alone. I can see this project aint gonna end cheaply....

Comment

You do know that I hate you & am extremely jealous, don't you.

Comment

Originally posted by pnorkle View Post
                    You do know that I hate you & am extremely jealous, don't you.
                    You won't be jealous of me when I end up sleeping in my shed and pissing over the fence. The missus ain't so impressed with this new purchase as I am...

Comment

Ya know, some people like to spread out the collection phase over quite a few years as opposed to quite a few months. That might help with the shed as bed situation too.
                      Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
                      Originally posted by filbert
                      it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

Farrrk me mate, and your still alive.........I would be dead

Comment

Ho Ho!!
                          Nice Nice Nice!!

Dont like the radiator quote though, paid way less for an RS units.

Comment

Yeah I ended up getting the rad/oil cooler from a seller in the netherlands. A lot cheaper than local/via US internet sites. It's not an oversized/RS radiator, but it'll do. I'm not planning on monster HP from this bike. I want it new/original looking. Sorta.

Must be the first _original_ clutch cover Ducati have sold in quite a while.

Comment

Nice choice of bike kryten. As it has 11000k's on it, you will be riding it yes?

Comment

Working...
                              X