Finally !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally !!

a new importer, and this is definately coming to Oz in 3-4 months!!

Sweet Nathan, are you looking to upgrade? If thats the right wording.
    07 MV F41000R
    09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
    07 CBR 600RR trackbike
    sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Keeping the RS, was going to go get the sport evo down causeway in the next 4-6 weeks, but thats off the cards now :-P
      I'll throw a set of Cafe Racer clip-ons on it and start from their, comes with a CF race can (with bung) as stock too.

Comment

Still looks amazing after all those years.
        Can you help with foster care?
        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

heard back today, adr and press bikes rocking up in 5-6 weeks, customer bikes in early August. rrp for the R160 is $19,990. i expect the century racer and Cafe racer 1130cc to be 1-2k cheaper.
          hopefully the 899cc models make it too

I've been offered a special deal/ freebies on the price by the factory and importer in view of my efforts it trying to promote / support Benelli :o, so I'll be off to the bank asap to sort out a deposit ^_^.

Comment

The cafe racer still does funny things in my pantaloons. I shall own it, one day.
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

deposit going off to Vic in 10 days, so begins the long wait to late august :-(
              :-P

Comment

That R160 looks great! The cafe was a great bike to ride... just no good for country runs with the fuel usage. You think they might have fixed that?
                Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

their has been talk about new tnt maps for 2011 from the factory, although this baby runs the 1130 tornado motor, putting out a extra 30+ hp over the CR, so fuel consumption may still be a issue ;-). the importer press bikes should be here any week, so hopefully we see some reviews in the local press pretty soon.

Comment

Hmm so the reliability of the new ones have been sorted out have they? Nathan do you have spec for the different models? had a cafe racer in 06 loved the look and ride it had but not the problems :-(

Comment

Arh, the 06 bikes with their alternator drama's ;-), funnily enough my 04 RS has been fine since day one, minus the Z25 bolt coming loose and the battery cables needing doubling up.

I havent been able to find any brochures available for download online, but I'm hoping to get at least a R160 one from the new importers, (Urban moto importers) in Melb soon.
                      if you go here you can DL the spec sheet ( which probably has incorrect info!)
                      Benelli 2011 models, then the bike your interested in and then the technical data square on the RH side.

Even looking at the various tnt pics their are differences between them, 899 bikes and 1130 CR have 4 pot radials, 1130 R160 and centenary model gets monoblocks, R160 get the dry slipper clutch, i think 899 still runs 43mm forks, all 1130 model have 50mm forks, new wavy brakes etc. Talking to various owners the alternator issues (bad batch od ND alternators came out, along with new cnc machined z25 gear set) was all sorted from 07+, and are all running fine.
                      Causeway have managed to sell off their Black & silver 1130 Tornado (06 built), not sure if it stayed here or went east. they still have a tnt 899 and tnt 899S (both 08 built), on sale down their for 14K and 14.5k rideaway, and the 1130 TnT Sport Evo (again 08 built) for 17.7K rideaway, i was going to nab that until i found out the new importer had been appointed.

I expect the 2011 Cafe racer would be about 18-19K , cheaper than they have ever been on sale for since they ever came out. :-)

Comment

My 08 CR was brilliant to ride... just not very far

Would be interested if they could get 180-200 out of a tank in the country thats for sure

Edit: As Nathan mentioned they definitely need clip ons on the R160
                        Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

Very, very nice. Like the white with red swing arm.

Comment

new CR clips ons should slip straight on with a new top triple clamp, some rizoma bar end mirrors, and i may have to fit a shorter clutch and brake hydraulic line. and maybe throttle line, have to suss out the controls of the 2011 CR . that and buying a spare set of carbon panels.

I also dont mind this CF shroud from Maniac motors in germany that covers the hoses and directs cool air on the alternator.

if money allowed/s I would'nt mind a full CF rear subframe and set of BST's.
                            Have to make the call on whether to keep the RS or sell........ crap... would mean i could finish off the backyard with patio and outdoor kitchen... you know which way the missus would be leaning! LOL
                            :-)

Comment

I like the bellypan but not a fan of the carbon tank covers. I personally think the white looks much better

Comment

Working...
                              X