Intake power up kit for late model air cooled Ducati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake power up kit for late model air cooled Ducati

Some local Ducatisti will recognise the dyno and operator, i was in there for a little chat today and checking on the progress on my HM1100s and was shown this kit and the dyno printout.

could be worth further investigation if you want to squeeze a few more ponies out of your air cooled Duc, the intake kit seems to make more impact to power delivery than a set of Termignoni pipes and if you combine both it's nearly 15% increase at the wheel from stock.

Might be an addition to the HM1100s once my wife obtains her R class and a little more experience, since it's her favourite at the moment i don't want to change anything without her being comfortable with it.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

I'm pretty sure thats Perditions bike (or was)
    It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Interesting, it took a while to get to the point but am I right in seeing that he put the Termi kit on and got about 7% and then the intake power up on top of that for another 7% or thereabouts? The thing certainly sounded a lot better after that work. My bike came with the 2-1 Ecu and airbox lid so I've got nothing to compare with.
      -

Comment

Lots of info here = WaspWorks.com, Precision Crafted Motorcycle Performance Parts & Accessories

Greg used to pop his head in PSB now and again, nice bloke with a good handle on R & D and design

Bert
        It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
          Interesting, it took a while to get to the point but am I right in seeing that he put the Termi kit on and got about 7% and then the intake power up on top of that for another 7% or thereabouts? The thing certainly sounded a lot better after that work. My bike came with the 2-1 Ecu and airbox lid so I've got nothing to compare with.
          apparently the hypermotard shows the biggest change, it gets about the same gain in peak power but something like a 30% jump in torque in lower mid range, apparently on the hyper fitting the pipe gains very little but changes the curve but the intake kit gains power as well as improving delivery.

Comment

yeah they work a treat, greg and todd put alot of work into that kit

Comment

Whats the damage $$$ on the kit?

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
                Whats the damage $$$ on the kit?
                todd was saying around $1200 but depends on what you already have on the bike, if you have a power commander or other reusable parts i assume the price would drop considerably.

I thought it sounded like good value since the exhaust for my bike would cost around double and i don't want more noise from a bike i start at 4am to ride to work.

Comment

I've got the factory ECU in a box and the race ECU on the bike. Did I read it right on the website that I could send them the factory ECU to them for flashing and save some dough?
                  -

Comment

your race ECU is the one that came with the termi pipe kit isn't it?

i believe that is the ECU that needs to be used with the power up kit, mine has the stock ECU so i either have to swap to 1098 or termi ECU for it to be tunable but it still works out cheaper than buying the pipe kit.

i actually prefer the Zard pipes so i don't want to pay for a termi kit.

Comment

I wondered if the race ECU that came with my Termi pipe needs to put even more fuel in with the Powerup kit so something needs flashing. It would be cool if you're right and I could save a few hundred bucks be keeping the DP ECU.
                      -

Comment

i have nothing to do with the kits besides thinking it was worth sharing the video, but if you can't get the info you want from the waspworks website WASP HYPER PUK Waspworks HyperMotard Power Up Kit [HYPER PUK - HyperMotard PUK] or

Contact Us : WaspWorks.com, Precision Crafted Motorcycle Performance Parts & Accessories

maybe try a message to bunbury ducati Ducati Bunbury: Contact if none of that works and you don't want to make a phone call i can always ask for more info when i pick my bike up but that's possibly 2 weeks away because of work.

Comment

I'm happy to wait for your report on the kit or better still go for a blat on each other's bikes sometime for a comparo.
                          -

Comment

IS the kit similar to this one -
                            Motowheels Italian Parts

Comment

I have had one of these kits fitted to my Sports Classic about 2 weeks ago. They are 'plug and play' and come with a comprehensive manual and great photos so that the average spanner twirler should be able to fit it him(her)self. Greg (Waspworks) lives just down the road from me and when I paid for the kit he offered to help fit it. I wanted to get my Zards on first and after I had fitted those I rang Greg and made a date. As I sat back and consumed his excellent coffee and perused the instruction book he fitted the kit quick as a jiffy....well in about 2 hours. This is a class kit hardware wise and comes with everything, even replacement zip-ties. There are different maps in the PC3 depending on ECU and exhaust combinations. Mine is for a termi ECU and Zards with the dB killers still in place.

Here's the bike after the kit was fitted, Greg wanted first test ride and how could I deny that? Photo courtesy of Waspworks.

This was the first time I had heard the bike without being on it and those Zards sound good, quiet when light on the throttle but loud when opened up.
                              My skills aren't as good as Greg's so my test ride wasn't as frantic as his. But there was a noticeable difference, the throttle seemed more controllable through the rev range and the response in acceleration was quite noticeably faster and the induction roar is awesome. It's made it a quite different bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X