1974 750 Sport on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1974 750 Sport on eBay

Why do I torture myself looking at things like this... 893 Miles Unrestored.

Ducati | eBay
    -

I recognise that garage, hes also selling a 77 900SS and a mint DB1.

Comment

I think I can see the 900 in the corner of one of the shots.

So much want... so much can't have. The thing is though, with only 893 miles on the clock, could you bring yourself to ride it regularly. Having said, that I've only done 4,000 miles on my single in 30 years.
      -

Comment

Do it man, if you want something bad enough - you can always find a way.

Comment

It ended up going for $43000 and now he's talking about putting one of these up!

"Ducati TT's are somewhat misunderstood. They are not named after the Isle of Man and the TT2 came before the TT1 (TT stands for Tourist Trophy and the 2 is for Formula 2, the 1 for Formula 1, the classes that bikes were built for) The bikes were factory racers, completely handbuilt by the original NCR team, who were Ducati Corse at that time. The production line was in the factory raceshop. They are the closest thing Ducati has EVER offered to what the factory was racing at the time. Produced in extremely low numbers and hand built by Rino Caracchi, Giorgio Nepoti, and Franco Farne, they have the highest pedigree of any Ducati's ever made. Officially, in 1982 and 1983 about 20 TT2's were built and even fewer TT1's thru 1984 and 1985. Impossibly small numbers by todays standards".
          -

Comment

893 miles! Bugger that - bikes are for riding - not sticking away in a shed!
            “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

Originally posted by SPman View Post
              893 miles! Bugger that - bikes are for riding - not sticking away in a shed!
              Bikes are for whatever you want them to be for (hat stands if you feel that way inclined!)

The fact this bloke kept it means there's still one out there - rather than all the rest which have been ridden to death and destroyed.

Whoever buys this would be mad to ride it into the ground. Plenty of other more pedestrian bikes around to do that on!

That's the problem with this game.. Too many bikes, too little bucks..

Comment

Apparently a guy in Switzerland bought it for $43,000.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                  Apparently a guy in Switzerland bought it for $43,000.
                  Cheap if you feel the love!

Not my cup of tea (999 or 888 is next for me), but I could see how some people would appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                  X