Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1198s questions

Thinking about one of these for my next steed. A couple of questions;

Was the 1198s released in white with a red frame in Australia?

In your opinion, would this be too much bike coming from an ST3?

Yes you can get the 1198S in white and it does have the red frame......

Each to their own to whether you can make the change, don't see and major issues as the 1098 / 1198 series are not as aggressive in riding style as the 916 / 998 series. I find the 1198 very comfortable

Comment

Used DUCATI 1198 S Motorcycles For Sale - bikesales.com.au
      white with red frame like this one?

if you're confident that you're able to ride and can handle the more aggressive riding position then it shouldn't be a problem for you, i switch from my HM1100S to my 916S to the 1198S or 1098R and all i really notice is that i lean further forward and the speed picks up a lot quicker
      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

I've owned an RS250 and the agressive riding position didn't worry me, I imagine the 1198s would be similar. The ST3 is nice and torquey, but now that I'm used to it I'm wanting more.

There's some good prices on bikesales.com for 09 models.

Think I'll do it, time to start selling all my possessions

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
          I've owned an RS250 and the agressive riding position didn't worry me, I imagine the 1198s would be similar. The ST3 is nice and torquey, but now that I'm used to it I'm wanting more.

There's some good prices on bikesales.com for 09 models.

Think I'll do it, time to start selling all my possessions
          All good then......as you would know by now the twin is a lot more tame to ride then a inline 4, lets say an R1 or GSXR1000.

Comment

Working...
          X