Nabbed today on the way to work - how much will db killers zap performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nabbed today on the way to work - how much will db killers zap performance

Well it finally happened. Going to work as usual, traffic police pull me over and give the equivalent of a work order for modified exhaust. I have a street legal loe vince sbk slip-ons sans db killers. Now need to sort it. Curious what the impact will be on performance with them in.

I guess I will put them in and see. Being this is in Singapore, first offense carries a SGD500 fine and I have 24 hours to present for inspection. happy days......

Vent over, seems cops are cops globally. I guess they are only enforcing the rules, the officer was totally pleasant.

Cheers and Happy Easter
    Mark

Originally posted by AussieMark888 View Post
    I have 24 hours to present for inspection.
    Is that all?!
    What if you fail?

Comment

No you have to present it for inspection and the inspection center issue a defect notice that you then have two weeks. Should be fine as I have all the paper work and the db killers. The copper took pics of teh exhaust to show they were not in and then teh inspection center will confirm they are too loud I suspect but they may be kind as its my first time and I did not know that the db killers were needed. Well that is what I believe as I purchased the bike without the killers in and I am not an engineer so I am not sure how i am meant to know.......

It may result in a different fine but either way no points. They are actually not that bad in Singapore and very few speed cameras....

Oh yes if it still fails (which it shouldnt as it is a homologated pipe) I have the original exhaust.

Ciao

Comment

everyones ears will implode

Comment

Fix it lah!

Performance not so bad lah. Is only Singapore roads hor?

Comment

Originally posted by kryten2001 View Post
            Fix it lah!

Performance not so bad lah. Is only Singapore roads hor?
            Haha..... you got it.

Comment

You mentioned first offence. Is that how they rate them there? $500SGD is still pretty hefty, what is second offence? On a side note, how do you find living in Singapore? I've only spent a few days there but enjoyed it.
              "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." - Albert Einstein

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have lived here for almost 20 years. Its a very easy place to live. I think second offense would be a seriously large whack... and at some stage if you keep offending i think they would confiscate the bike. I know that for DUI first offense is 1000 plus lose license for 12 months, second offense is jail time plus fine. Honestly speaking though it is a very smooth running place, but the humidity gets on your nerves. If you want track time you can take a short trip to johor to pasir gudang and its about AUD10 for a track session. If you are up this way ping me a message.

Ciao

Comment

^ haha can i ping you a msg and you lend me a bike when i go back? haha... i think you should be safe from cops now with the GE coming up

Comment

Working...
                  X