Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 848EVO and termis?

G'day all,

I am currently running the new 848EVO in, and trying to decide whether to go for termis one I hit 1,000km (just talking cans and ecu, not the full exhaust system)

Just wondering if anyone who has an 848 or 1198 etc with termis can explain potential performance gains for me? I'll be honest and say a big reason I'd go for them would be for the sound, but I'm kinda wondering if I'd notice any change in the way the thing actually goes ????

sorry if this is a newby type question, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers heaps ^_^
    848evo

Originally posted by marno View Post
    G'day all,

I am currently running the new 848EVO in, and trying to decide whether to go for termis one I hit 1,000km (just talking cans and ecu, not the full exhaust system)

Just wondering if anyone who has an 848 or 1198 etc with termis can explain potential performance gains for me? I'll be honest and say a big reason I'd go for them would be for the sound, but I'm kinda wondering if I'd notice any change in the way the thing actually goes ????

sorry if this is a newby type question, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers heaps ^_^
    Can't really say for the 848 as it's a different bike, but termis on the 1198 help the bike run cooler and if adjusted correctly, a lot smoother.

Also suggest you go for a 14T front sprocket at the same time...

This advice is based on a 1198 though, not an 848... From what I understand of the 848's, they don't have a lot of the issues that require ironing out that the 1198's do - but that's only what I understand - not what I know.

Most people go for the termis for the sound/looks. Just make sure you have the trim set up correctly and decide from the start whether you want to keep the baffles in or leave them out (it changes your fuelling somewhat).

In is good, out is loud.

Listen for pops. If you get them, your fuelling aint right.

Comment

Originally posted by marno View Post
      I'll be honest and say a big reason I'd go for them would be for the sound
      Ducatis need Termignonis.
      You should totally do it.

(You may see a few extra horsepower, a fatter curve, but not much).

Comment

It was a 6HP gain on the original 848. Imagine the evo would be close.
        Giggity.

Comment

Go the termis and the 14 t front sprocket made the bike much nicer to ride

Comment

IMO the performance gain was minimal and the $ outlay considerable, but as Desmo said, Ducati's need Termi's. It's just one of those things.
            The bad thing about only fitting the Cans & Pipe sections is that it highlights just how rough as guts the standard mid pipe section is on the Ducati ( weld spatter, weld wire )
            Been through this with the old 1098 and the current 848.
            The Termi's sound & look great ( full stop IMO )
            As for "Running it In", give the little bitch shit. You'll enjoy yourself more and the bike will actually appreciate getting a work out.
            +1 for the 14 tooth.
            On the other hand, you could bolt carbon on it and post photo's of it on PSB.

Comment

Do it!
              He who dies with the most toys wins!

Comment

They make the bike feel "freer" in the mid range, more flexible and less like your rear brake is dragging. Although it's "only" 848cc there's still some big slugs of air it has to push through those heavily baffled sandard mufflers.
                Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

.... Thanks for all your comments, I'm inspired now to go the termi's and the 14tooth sprocket too. I spose it's sacriligous to get a duc and not give her termi's !!!!!
                  848evo

Comment

You don't have to get Termignoni - there's also Arrow, Leo Vince, Akrapovic, Zard.........
                    Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

what ecu does the evo come with? when i put termi's on my 848 the cost of full system and race ecu was a great deal compared to race ecu only. the race ecu lets you change all the settings and with this run smoother and a bit cooler. performance not much different. sound fuckin awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by qm848 View Post
                        what ecu does the evo come with? when i put termi's on my 848 the cost of full system and race ecu was a great deal compared to race ecu only. the race ecu lets you change all the settings and with this run smoother and a bit cooler. performance not much different. sound fuckin awesome.
                        What was the price??

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
                          What was the price??
                          I've never heard people just putting in a "Race" ECU without termis.... Frankly I dunno why you'd bother. You'd probably be better off getting a custom tune done on your particular bike with a PC, plus you don't need an overpriced ECU from Ducati to do that (who adjusts DP ECU's anyway?)...

I know the "Race" ECU on the 1198 does away with the exhaust valve programming (as they come with the full systems which don't have em), but I'm not completely sure with the 848....

Problem with the ECU's on 1198S/1098's is that damned traction control gets in the way. Limits ya choices somewhat, that's why they have different termi kits for the 1198 as opposed to the 1198S... Different ECUs even though the exhaust is the same.

Easy on the old bikes. Just get something programmable (IE a PC) and tune the fucker! Modern bikes and all this electronic shizen!

Easier to put an iGadget on than something physical I guess.... Don't mind me, I'm just gettin' old fellas...

Comment

Originally posted by kryten2001 View Post
                            Can't really say for the 848 as it's a different bike, but termis on the 1198 help the bike run cooler and if adjusted correctly, a lot smoother.

Also suggest you go for a 14T front sprocket at the same time...

This advice is based on a 1198 though, not an 848... From what I understand of the 848's, they don't have a lot of the issues that require ironing out that the 1198's do - but that's only what I understand - not what I know.

Most people go for the termis for the sound/looks. Just make sure you have the trim set up correctly and decide from the start whether you want to keep the baffles in or leave them out (it changes your fuelling somewhat).

In is good, out is loud.

Listen for pops. If you get them, your fuelling aint right.
                            Do most of you guys have the baffles in or out ????? I'm guessing "in" would still be louder than the stock pipes, is this correct ???? Cheers !!
                            848evo

Comment

I'm not sure if Termis even come with baffles.

Comment

Working...
                              X