This has to be a first....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has to be a first....

So I am at the inspection center after being nabbed for not having db Killers inserted. I went there with them inserted, produced all of the homologation papers etc and thought it was all going well.

Then the office says that my bog stock Aprilia Tuono Factory is heavily modified and proceeds to show me all the differences between a 2004 Aprilia RSVR and mine. Thank god for internet, I showed him the spec and pics of my bike and pointed out that he had the wrong model.

Then he came back with, the FE needs to be replaced by a mudguard. No drama as i have that.....

Funny thing is that with the db killers in I think I ride faster because you cannot hear the bike as much.

Have a good day.

Originally posted by AussieMark888 View Post

Funny thing is that with the db killers in I think I ride faster because you cannot hear the bike as much.
    Lulz wot?

You had me up until this bit.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

So you are only able to tell how fast you are going by the noise it makes?
      You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

I understand him perfectly. You feel more conspicuous when your bike is making heaps of noise, whereas a quieter bike gives you more of a stealth feeling.

Cops are more attracted to the CBR250 with the roo pipe than the stock blackbird capable of 300+
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

If only there was some kind of speed indicating device which could be fitted to bikes. Does anyone know if something like this exists?
          "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all"

Comment

Had a similar experince recently on the SF.

Got done for FE initially on the side of the road....oh and there might have been something obscuring my number plate.

Fronted up with a bolted on bit of plastic with a reflector for the first inspection and then got done for no DB killers. Guy seemed to really enjoy his test ride. "gee it goes pretty well" trying to be my mate and then proceeded to put another licky on it. Cock!

Went back again with DB killers and my nice home made mudguard. (Different guy) Was asked why I hadnt fitted the factory mudguard. Replied that it was too hard to take back off. Guy had a laugh and suggested I might be seeing him again some time. I agreed but hoped it woudlnt be too soon. Then got quieried about the note about the exhaust on the notice and pointed to the DB killers and the sticker on the frame. He couldnt be arsed testing it again so he just let it go at that.

Hearing you on the reduced noise though. Much more stealth. My minger leaving the inspection centre wouldnt have raised an eyebrow..

Not quite sure how me not having a proper mudguard is increasing the road toll. I guess proper police work has got too hard.

Comment

Funny thing is that with the ballgag in I think I fuck faster because you cannot hear the wife as much.
              Originally posted by Melkor
              The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by broon62 View Post
                If only there was some kind of speed indicating device which could be fitted to bikes. Does anyone know if something like this exists?
                Cop??
                Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

Brain??
                  Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Originally posted by broon62 View Post
                    Sphincter..??

Comment

Well as an update..... I got the "mudgard" back from the box of bits at the mechanics and it is about 1 inch wide at the widest part. Literally a stork to stick the reflector and a number plate on, although the plate angle is a little different. Mechanics says that it is the hugger and the seat that stops shit flying back. I will take it along with me and ask if I have to fix it back, if so will ask for extension, refit and re-check.

To the poster above, of course I can take my eyes off the road to look at the speedo but at a certain speed in a a certain gear you get to know the sound associated with the speed. Now without that sound you tend to go a little more. Really anything in 3 gear it is easy to break a 90kmh limit in a blink. Also unlike perth there are not speed cameras everywhere in Singapore. Anyway point taken on speedo. Also I believe the sphinctometer is connected by corner entry and speed.

Cheers
                      Mark

Comment

Working...
                      X