Latest mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest mods

So here's the results of a couple of hours of handywork this afternoon on my 1198s:

Vortex 14 tooth front sprocket, with TPO titanium retaining nut, EVR sprocket cover & EVR 25mm clutch slave cylinder.

AEM factory complete 520 rear end, with 37 tooth quick change sprocket, titanium cush drives, alloy hub and all titanium mounting hardware including axle pinch bolts.

And the bike as she sits now, with the new Marchesini Magnesium wheels, titanium front axle and all new ti hardware (rotor & caliper bolts, pinch bolts, etc).

I'm waiting on the new Desmosedici FG353 fork kit to arrive, then the front will be swapped out & the new TTX rear shock, linkages, etc & a heap of other mods will be completed.
    Sumfun4me
    Last edited by Sumfun4me; 28-08-2011, 04:15 PM. Reason: Grammar nazi

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Very Nice!!!

Comment

Looking shit hot Sumfun !

Comment

Tasty rear sprocket. Gonna suck when it gets dirty (don't let it!)...

I wanna see that new front end when you get it.

EVR make some nice stuff. I've got a slipper clutch coming... Bloody good time to be buying up right now!

Comment

Oh and mate, front stand + carpet, you know it makes sense.

Comment

damm, that looks pretty damm awesome!

Comment

How much did the desmo forks set you back?

Comment

$5500.00 including shipping. This included the forks with front axle & everything else needed to fit them, a DP shifter kit & a new screen - these should be here within the next week or so. I also received a CarbonVani carbon fibre front fairing stay today, but wont be fitting it until I do the forks - I gotta say though, the quality of this piece looks pretty good.

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

That bike is amazing!
                  Could you let us know where those goodies came from? overseas,online shop?
                  Ive just brought myself a Duc and would love some of that quality gear.

Nice work.

Comment

New forks

So my Desmo FG353 forks arrived last week, and I've just finished fitting them. Haven't been able to take her out for a run yet, but that probably wont happen until I get the TTX rear shock fitted up.

I also fitted a carbon faring stay, undernose panel & air runner covers whilst I was in there.

Comment

Very nice. Slightly o/t, I've always wondered why the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ forks have all the holes in the top cap around the edge. Is that for adjusting something?
                      BUY MY BIKE - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...1000rr-151241/

Comment

As far as I'm aware, the holes are only for assy or strip down of the fork. The preload is adjusted with the nut on top, and the compression with an allen screw that sits inside the nut (you can just make them out in the photo).
                        Sumfun4me
                        Last edited by Sumfun4me; 15-05-2011, 07:51 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Looks stunning ,are you keeping your old forks ?

Comment

I was planning to try to sell them off. If anyone is interested, I'd be chasing $1800.00 for the pair, and I'll include a brand new Ohlins 25 mm cart kit that has never been fitted. These have done less than 200kms (they are Ohlins model FG811).

Comment

Just stunning, well done.

What's next?

Comment

Working...
                              X