Moving from japan to Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from japan to Italy

Im pretty excited right now, Ive just sold my FZ1N and picked up a Duc.
    I looked around a fair bit, rode different bikes, read alot of this section of the forum for info and then found the bike.
    Its not new, the budget wouldnt go that far, I picked up a 2003 749.
    Very clean bike and has a nice new slipper clutch with open cover.

When coming back from the test ride i asked my wife what she thought of it, she says "It sounds great (its got Termis) but whats that awful noise coming from the motor? It sounds like it has a rock crusher in it?"

Will get pics up shortly.

Originally posted by MattyB View Post
    "It sounds great (its got Termis) but whats that awful noise coming from the motor? It sounds like it has a rock crusher in it?"

Nice work dude, awaiting pics.
    Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
    Originally posted by filbert
    it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

enjoy the change from rice to pasta
      749 = most underated duc. if you can set the steering head angle go for the steep setting. turns them into knife edge steering which I love.
      q
      bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
      -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
      __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

Originally posted by MattyB View Post
        "It sounds great (its got Termis) but whats that awful noise coming from the motor?
        On a Ducati, that's the sound of the engine running. Apparently it's a fairly rare thing on them.

Says he, whose Aprilia has been sitting unused for two f**king months because I've been waiting for a new f**king exhaust to arrive. People who live in glass houses, eh?
        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Lol at phildo, at least you are self aware enough to pull the piss out of your self. Quattro I'm looking at getting the same bike for my next one. Quite like them myself. Pics!

Comment

EvilDwarf
            Last edited by EvilDwarf; 02-02-2012, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X