Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuono's in Perth

gday all,
    Im keen as on the post '06 V-twin Aprilia Tuonos, love the look of them and everything ive read about them.
    The thing is, ive been searching for one for sale in Perth but cant find one.
    I am probably going to have to buy one interstate in the end, but i need to at least sit on one first to see if i fit lol (im 6'3)
    So does anyone have, or know someone that has one of these bikes and would be willing to let me come round and try there bike for size?

cheers, James

Shame you dont pass through Singapore.... I have an 07/08 Tuono Factory and as I am 8+ inches shorter I have had to lower the bike by 30mm to be able to get my leg over. If you budget is fine go for the factory, its got nice forks and bling carbon. Very fun to ride and would be good on the track although I think track is beyond me (fat and old). Good luck
    Mark

Comment

thanks for the tips mate, yeah i like the sound of the factory but it will just come down to whats available when im ready to buy i think. enjoy yours!!

anyone else out there with one? surely there has to be a few around!

James

Comment

Jennau was selling a final model Tuono Twin on PSB a while ago... might be worth a PM.
        Another sport bike for us lanky types (i'm 196cm) that you may wish to consider is the RC8.
        Another couple... Speed Triple and Street Fighter.

S.
        Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

ok thanks for that mate, havent considered the rc8 yet. the speed triples are pretty cool, but i just cant go past the awesome looks of the tuono!!

Comment

and the streetfighter... well... if only i had that sort of cash, oh yeeaahhhh!!

Comment

OP, give Unicycle on here a shout, sure he'd let you check his out

Comment

ok, thanks shadow

Comment

i have the previous gen tuono it has the same ergos as the current gen model, the only thing i can say other than a great bike is that the current gen feel slightly detuned
                  A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

The 05 zx10 I had was quite a bit comfy for me, and I'm just under Sprint's height.

Comment

I know one in Perth that might be for sale - an 03. Magnet grey. Akros. Contact me if you're interested.

Comment

thanks Miss Behave, im really looking for the 2nd gen model though, '06 they started im pretty sure
                        Cheers, James

Comment

No worries. Dunno why you'd wanna buy the slow one but.

Comment

haha maybe slow comparitively, but im sure its pretty quick compared to most other vtwins out there!
                            plus i reckon it just looks sexy!!

Comment

rick gills still have a few 2nd gen ones in stock go down and have a look
                              A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

Working...
                              X