Microtec ECU and MV Agusta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microtec ECU and MV Agusta

I am trying to find out how many of you guys in WA are using these ECU's on your MV's, or maybe Ducati's and KTM's also.

The plan is to get a guy down from the UK, to come tune some MV's on a local Dyno. This could be in Bunbury or Perth.

The idea is to establish some local mapping for various MV's, some guys are having difficulties with the supplied mapping or configurations, due to the usual changes like fuel used or exhaust mods etc. These ECU's come with maps that have been written on a dyno, but even then there can be difficulties, so a quick dyno run can help with this.
    This is not a money making exercise, but something to help improve customer service, and to spread the word on a great product.

How much are you paying for Dyno time on your bike at the moment, any bike, any system? I run the MV Corse version of these ECU's on my bike for regulation purposes and they are great to work with, the full Microtec units are even better and can transform fueling and overheating problems on the MV's.
    We are trying to establish a a good rate to charge in order to keep everybody happy, I know I would love to see what my bikes do on a Dyno so I am jumping at this chance.

If you have a Dyno, or own a shop with a Dyno, and would be interested in helping with the usual benefits involved, please feel free to give me a ring.

A similar thing was held last year over East, a shop and a few guys chipped it to pay for the guy to come down, the riders payed for a few hours on the dyno, and it was a great success.
    These ECU's are now also available for the post Y10 bikes, and hopefully soon for the F3's.
    There's a great many things to sort out before this can happen, so please, if you are at all interested in getting on board, let me know ASAP.

PS. eMail is the most reliable way to keep track of things as we all have jobs and I have a terrible memory.
    Dons Nel
    WA
    [email protected]
    www.teamdouble3racing.com for MV manuals too.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813
    Informative MV Forum - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/
    Eyes shut tight, throttle wide open-ish.

I will be buying a Microtec for my Ducati, hopefully this month...

I didn't think you would need an expert to interface with the ECU, its supposed to be very simple, just need a good dyno operator...

Tempted to buy an auto tune for it, but it costs more than the ECU...

Comment

Hi Dons,

I have the Mircotec in my 06 Brutale 910s. Still needs to be dyno'd to dial it in, but I am considering buying the Autotune from Chris as well.

I understand there is already discussion between Chris and a local Dyno shop?

For anyone interested The ECU alone dropped the hot running temp of the Brute to the mid 80's, and stopped at lights temp to mid 90's (that was last week too in stupid hot)
      Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
      One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
      . .

Comment

There is a few options to get them perfect, the Auto tune is one, but adds a bit input from the buyer. The biggest problem I have had over the years is shop's saying they won't touch it if it's not PowerCommander, or they double or tripple the price for dyno time. I always thought learning new things was supposed to be a good thing.
        Dons Nel
        WA
        [email protected]

Comment

Hey Dons,
          I'm pretty happy with the way that you tuned my microtec, but wouldn't mind catching up with you and Chris for a beer if he's in town.

Comment

I'd like to get mine dynoed Donsie, I have a PC111 and she idles like a pig.

No decent maps for my setup, which has been decatted with MV corse pipes.
            07 MV F41000R
            09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
            07 CBR 600RR trackbike
            sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy View Post
              I'd like to get mine dynoed Donsie, I have a PC111 and she idles like a pig.

No decent maps for my setup, which has been decatted with MV corse pipes.
              Put the PCIII in the bin (or sell it if you can) and get the Microtec, can't recommend enough!
              Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
              One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
              . .

Comment

Microtec ECU and MV Agusta

Yes I'll be looking at getting the ecu we were talking about too dons. Getting to that time to spend the money on The girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Shady7/8 View Post
                  Put the PCIII in the bin (or sell it if you can) and get the Microtec, can't recommend enough!
                  +1 especially with the F4's . . . there are a bunch of ECU issues on the F4 that the Power Commander's can't resolve but the Microtec does. However having said that it's frustrating that there's no-one in WA that can tune a Microtec, I found the maps that Chris emailed me turned my bike into a possessed death trap and luckily struck a deal to use Chris' auto tune and Donsy's skills to sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by -JC- View Post
                    +1 especially with the F4's . . . there are a bunch of ECU issues on the F4 that the Power Commander's can't resolve but the Microtec does. However having said that it's frustrating that there's no-one in WA that can tune a Microtec, I found the maps that Chris emailed me turned my bike into a possessed death trap and luckily struck a deal to use Chris' auto tune and Donsy's skills to sort it out.

What are the ECU issues on the F4's?

has to be Microtec maps from tunes elsewhere in the world, just have to find them.

Comment

I have a m226 in my 910s 2009 model . Have had issues with tuning and can only start on one map from cold as the other Chris supplied from a bike over east will not even allow bike to start but once running I switch over to that map . I have found a few issues withe the valuesl but have not ridden the bike now for over a year due to other half starting racing and then having the horrific accident in September at the track . I would like to get it tuned properly someday.
                      Cheers

Comment

get the bike onto a dyno, do some power runs with AFR graphed, take notes on estimate throttle position/rpm.
                        You will see where the rich/lean spots are, adjust the fuel map in that throttle position/rpm zone.

takes some time but can be done.

Comment

The problem is Jules that for the amount of time it will take and the cost per hr to do it...

You can just buy an Auto tune and do many bikes...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfies View Post
                            I have a m226 in my 910s 2009 model . Have had issues with tuning and can only start on one map from cold as the other Chris supplied from a bike over east will not even allow bike to start but once running I switch over to that map . I have found a few issues withe the valuesl but have not ridden the bike now for over a year due to other half starting racing and then having the horrific accident in September at the track . I would like to get it tuned properly someday.
                            Cheers
                            Hope you get the bike up and going again mate. And even more important, all of the best for you and the missus, she's a lovely lady and I hope she makes a great recovery.
                            Dons Nel
                            WA
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
                              get the bike onto a dyno, do some power runs with AFR graphed, take notes on estimate throttle position/rpm.
                              You will see where the rich/lean spots are, adjust the fuel map in that throttle position/rpm zone.

takes some time but can be done.
                              There's more to it than just adjusting the fueling, with the Microtec you can adjust timing ...etc, much more efficient.
                              Dons Nel
                              WA
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X