Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Couplers

Yo peeps

I'm replacing the tank on my 916 & figured I'd replace the leak prone, & age hardened (read potentially brittle) plastic fuel couplers with some metal (brass, stainless) ones.

So, where to source some good ones with spare O rings too.

I have found QuickCouplings : LC Series : but they are using imperial sizing, anything metric out there?

Thanks y'all
    .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Swagelok in Kardinia, be warned though, they are not cheap.

9331 1111, ask for Gavin.

Also try Pirtek or Enzed.

Comment

motowheels sell them. Got them on ebay too.

Should be able to get generic o rings to suit too.

Comment

or cpc quick connect off obay, just use a brass crimp to fit them to ur fuel line and not a threaded worm hose clamp, Ive used them before and they work fine :-)

Comment

Originally posted by smeghead View Post
          Yo peeps

I'm replacing the tank on my 916 & figured I'd replace the leak prone, & age hardened (read potentially brittle) plastic fuel couplers with some metal (brass, stainless) ones.

So, where to source some good ones with spare O rings too.

I have found QuickCouplings : LC Series : but they are using imperial sizing, anything metric out there?

Thanks y'all
          These are the ones to get. Imperial sizes are fine in this case. I bought a couple of sets a few weeks ago for a 748. Make sure you get the valved ones with viton seals. I think the tank ones were LCD10004V. I'll check if you like.

Comment

must do this as well... thanks weed

appreciate it you can tell me the number of the male and female...

Comment

Originally posted by monsta View Post
              must do this as well... thanks weed

appreciate it you can tell me the number of the male and female...
              I'll check out the numbers on the invoice & let you know
              cheers

Comment

Monsta,
                The 1/4" NPT valved chrome coupling with Viton O ring is LCD10004V & cost US$12.14 ea
                The 3/8" Hose barb valved chrome elbow with Viton O ring is LCD23006V & cost US$13.11 ea
                Cheers

Comment

Thanks Weed.
                  I'll get onto it.

Comment

Sorry guys to dredge up an old post but did any find a local distributor for these connectors?

They are $15 a piece at quick couplings but they don't post to aus.
                    Gotham/Cycleworks/MotoWheels want $25 a piece and the mobs on eBay are looking are asking closer to $35 a piece.
                    cheers
                    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M00se View Post
                      Sorry guys to dredge up an old post but did any find a local distributor for these connectors?

They are $15 a piece at quick couplings but they don't post to aus.
                      Gotham/Cycleworks/MotoWheels want $25 a piece and the mobs on eBay are looking are asking closer to $35 a piece.
                      cheers
                      Mark
                      Try Couplers in Malaga.
                      In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Thanks Mate, I fired them off an email with all the details.
                        I also did a bit more looking and while Freshwater, Colder or TEK dont to international orders QuickCouplings.net does. All up its looking like $90 delivered , however I'll holdout till Couplers get back to me with a price.
                        Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Mr M00se View Post
                          Thanks Mate, I fired them off an email with all the details.
                          I also did a bit more looking and while Freshwater, Colder or TEK dont to international orders QuickCouplings.net does. All up its looking like $90 delivered , however I'll holdout till Couplers get back to me with a price.
                          Thanks for the help
                          No worries they're pretty close to you anyway, might be worth it just to swing past.
                          In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

I heard back from Ben @ couplers strait away, unfortunately they can't get them in. Looks like its a quick coupling order, I'm already waiting on some stuff from motowheels so the ducs off the road for a few weeks regardless.

Comment

Working...
                            X