Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ducati Monster 1200S

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ducati Monster 1200S

    First ride reports are out....

    2014 Ducati Monster 1200 S | FIRST RIDE

    2014 Ducati Monster 1200 S First Ride - Sport Rider Magazine

    Could be tempted once they hit the stores in April/May.

  • #2
    That bike looks seriously nice.
    Have always liked Monsters, but this one just looks like a step in the right direction of evolution.
    Would be good if they bring the technology and styling to some smaller capacity models too.

    Comment


    • #3
      Definitely a "monster".

      I like.
      Last edited by Gippo; 20-02-2014, 02:49 PM.
      Its all good on Ducati's

      Comment


      • #4
        Also:

        First ride: Ducati Monster 1200S review - Road Tests: First Rides - Visordown

        Note concerns about ergonomics for those of us with oversize clown feet. The rest sounds brilliant though...

        Comment


        • #5
          IT appears that the Monster has had it's HP jacked up a fair amount by the looks , but the torque not so much compared to it's predecessors?

          I could use the search function but weren't most Monsters around the 100 hp limit?
          Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ReCon View Post
            IT appears that the Monster has had it's HP jacked up a fair amount by the looks , but the torque not so much compared to it's predecessors?

            I could use the search function but weren't most Monsters around the 100 hp limit?
            The previous 1100 monster used the 2v air cooled motor. These new ones run a water cooled motor, making a fair chunk more hp

            Comment


            • #7
              You have to compare like with like...

              My 2005 S4R in stock form apparently makes more torque, but is down on the horsepower...

              It is also lighter and smaller...

              So the Monster may have lost some of it's low down anger...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tempo View Post
                The previous 1100 monster used the 2v air cooled motor. These new ones run a water cooled motor, making a fair chunk more hp
                Ahh, makes sense.

                Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                You have to compare like with like...

                My 2005 S4R in stock form apparently makes more torque, but is down on the horsepower...

                It is also lighter and smaller...

                So the Monster may have lost some of it's low down anger...
                Again, makes plenty of sense.

                I sat on the 1100 EVO at the show and was highly surprised at it's lightweight and apparent nimbleness, taking into consideration that it had an empty fuel tank. I was comparing the bike with my Z1000 , which was a porky little fucker.

                I am a fan of the S4R's/S4RS's and the EVO's, so think I might wait until a nice one appears when a previous owner decides to update to the newy. The pillion seat would be nice however… ^_^
                Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rich... View Post
                  So the Monster may have lost some of it's low down anger...
                  And low down grunt is what a lot of monster owners would want id imagine.
                  The new bike will attract a new audience of buyers that's for sure, its almost like they've created a smaller, more nimble diavel-like bike..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tempo View Post
                    And low down grunt is what a lot of monster owners would want id imagine.
                    The new bike will attract a new audience of buyers that's for sure, its almost like they've created a smaller, more nimble diavel-like bike..
                    Yep, bigger and some what toned down...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ReCon View Post
                      IT appears that the Monster has had it's HP jacked up a fair amount by the looks , but the torque not so much compared to it's predecessors?

                      I could use the search function but weren't most Monsters around the 100 hp limit?
                      Using the same motor as the Diavel, but lower HP.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        following this bike with interest, never really been a Ducati sports bike fan, especially the 1098/1198 engined bikes (probably more to do with long gearing making them a bit harsh in the burbs, awesome midrange tho) and can't gel with the Streetfighter. Always liked the monster styling and lithe nimbleness, but at shopping time just found the price never matched the performance. New one seems to have addressed that, and priced smack bang inbetween S1000r and Superduke money. Seems build quality/finish isn't a strong point from early reports, but as a bike with poise AND pace, it is going on my super naked shopping list for this year.

                        On a side note, the 848 engine is brilliant around town compared to the 1198, smoother down low, easier transition into its midrange stomp and revs out nice too. It would be a great engine for a Monster no? Or not enough aggression?
                        yes, i am ignorant
                        yes, i am a prick
                        no, i don't care
                        you make me sick

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by shortSteve View Post
                          On a side note, the 848 engine is brilliant around town compared to the 1198, smoother down low, easier transition into its midrange stomp and revs out nice too. It would be a great engine for a Monster no? Or not enough aggression?
                          Could be on the cards, the 848 engine is the only option now for streetfighter and hypermotard, they dropped the 1098 and ds1100 options this year.

                          Both are short range bikes so it makes sense, there's usually a smaller monster offering, currently 659,696 and 796 one of them is due for a workover.
                          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

                          when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            almost bought the 1100 monster Evo patto had in the shop, it sold 3 days before my cash came in so went with the judge, great bikes, have to get a 1100evo one day :-(

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Johnno View Post
                              Using the same motor as the Diavel, but lower HP.
                              Multistrada had it first

                              Seriously though, great engine. Possibly the finest road going engine Ducati's ever made.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X