No announcement yet.

Desmo 450 Parts List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A beautiful bike DJ, I attended a single bike crash with one in 1978 that had done a tank slap and thrown the rider. Rider was doing everything right and with in the speed limit of 80 kph and road surface was good.

Comment

I tried the steering dampener on min one time. It was unrideable.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by Graelin View Post
        A beautiful bike DJ, I attended a single bike crash with one in 1978 that had done a tank slap and thrown the rider. Rider was doing everything right and with in the speed limit of 80 kph and road surface was good.
        Thanks Graham, I think
        There are two questions in life.
        1:Which way do I go
        2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

yes compliment I never could work out why that bike just lost it, the riders had no idea either that were there. My LC 350 did the same thing to me and we could not find a reason through Dowson Yamaha.

The 750 GT was a great bike to ride one of my memories best, never had a go on the 450.

Comment

Have you got a copy of Mick Walker's book?
            -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
              Have you got a copy of Mick Walker's book?
              I haven't yet, seems that is going for big dollars now, must have been out of print for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by D.J View Post
                I haven't yet, seems that is going for big dollars now, must have been out of print for a while.
                I have one but I got it so long ago I cut up the back cover photo of the engine to put in a picture frame. My copy would be worth a shitload otherwise. Anyway if you need to borrow and look up some stuff please to. You must return it though lest the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by Graelin View Post
                  My LC 350 did the same thing to me and we could not find a reason through Dowson Yamaha.

The 750 GT was a great bike to ride one of my memories best, never had a go on the 450.
                  Only full on tank slapper I had was on a mates RD350 down by the Huntly powerstation - no reason - it just did it under hard acceleration

A well set up 450 is delightful on a back country road.
                  “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                    I have one but I got it so long ago I cut up the back cover photo of the engine to put in a picture frame. My copy would be worth a shitload otherwise. Anyway if you need to borrow and look up some stuff please to. You must return it though lest the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.
                    That'd be great ta. will pm.

Comment

Working...
                    X