Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Brutale S Ignition Coils

Hey all,

Last week i decided to go do a routine spark plug change, well.. that turned into a massive mess. The ignition coils that were in the bike look like they have perished and are now stuffed, and in 2 pieces.

Does anyone know of somewhere locally where I can get a new set of ignition coils? I have found some on the internet, but they are based in Europe. I also spoke to Rick Gills and they were less than helpful.

Cheers.

If you can identify the part number it could perhaps be chasing with one of the wholesale parts suppliers like conventrys or something.

But I suspect they may be hard to get locally... :-\
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Yea I have a feeling i will have to get them from europe. I would just like to do a sanity check before i go drop just shy of 800 bucks on coils that will take 3 weeks to get here

Comment

Find the part number plug it into Google see what happens. You can pretty much guarantee that small companies like MV Augusta don't go to Webber Marelli, Bosch, Sagem etc and get a special run of coils made just for them. They take what they can get from a left over production run or is common at the time it might be fitted to an obscure model of fiat Panda that was never sold here I'd have a bit more of a hunt around.
        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Working...
        X