Bimota add in gumtree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bimota add in gumtree

BIMOTA DB10 SUPER MOTARD DUCATI DREAM | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia South Perth Area - Como | 1050787031

I have heard that this bike may be not as NEW, but rather as flipped and then sold by insurance company,
    or so the original owner has said....
    Sis pacis. Instruo pro bellum.

If you know what it is then you know its value
    Thinking of buying a Ducati well here is the ferrari.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

it would be comparable to this value pound for pound or like for like
      "as New"

Crashed ferrari - Jokeroo

Comment

Seem to remember one of these coming up at the auctions a while back.
        More than likely the same one.

Comment

Yep, I expect that will be the one that was a repairable write off...

Comment

Yeah, I remember that one mentioned on PSB back when it was up for auction.
            Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Originally posted by Hudo View Post
              BIMOTA DB10 SUPER MOTARD DUCATI DREAM | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia South Perth Area - Como | 1050787031

I have heard that this bike may be not as NEW, but rather as flipped and then sold by insurance company,
              or so the original owner has said....
              If it is the same bike it looks to be nicely repaired; and is advertised as "like new". Why go out of your way to fuck up the guy's sale? If you don't want it, don't buy it.
              -

Comment

Because you can polish a turd.
                The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                  If it is the same bike it looks to be nicely repaired; and is advertised as "like new". Why go out of your way to fuck up the guy's sale? If you don't want it, don't buy it.
                  I don't believe I'm fucking up anyones sale, if its a fair price for the repairs that have been done then great, but if someone is advertising something " As new" and it has been axed in an accident I would be pissed if I took the time to turn up and discover it is damaged.

Comment

A fair price is what someone is prepared to pay. He's advertised it as "like new", read the ad.
                    -

Comment

Ever seen a bike with repair history leave a showroom?
                      Recorded as having been a write off?

No?
                      Then it ain't like new.

Comment

Saying that it's, "like new" after it has been written off and repaired is a tad... ambitious.

Something paying that much for a bike would want to know the situation.

There's the $64,000 question - at what point is the seller morally obliged to tell a buyer that the vehicle was previously written off? Should the buyer just shut up and let the buyer figure it out himself some day? Is there a duty of disclosure (ie morally/ethically)?

This might also affect the buyer's capacity to get the bike insured.

In the past I've covered myself sometimes by asking, "is there anything about this item that I should be aware of before buying it?"

I'm in the process of fixing up a crash-damaged car at the moment. I'll probably keep it for a while, but I'm taking photos of the work that I'm doing on it to document what I'm doing. It's all cosmetic stuff, and anything damaged is being replaced (which the photos will show). If/when I eventually sell the car then I'll end up showing the buyer what repairs I've done, and how I've done them (replacing most of the front suspension system tonight).
                        One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Looks like new to me and he isn't a dealer and you have no idea what he will tell you about the bike if you bothered to call.
                          -

Comment

It says "like new", not " new".

If the bike wasn't originally insured, but damaged and repaired so that it was impossible to tell it had been involved in an accident, there would be no Written Off Vehicle Record. What should that person do when it comes time to advertise?
                            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Looks like new to me and he isn't a dealer and you have no idea what he will tell you about the bike if you bothered to call.
                              Well what I can tell you is he hasn't told me if it is a written off bike.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                              It says "like new", not " new".

If the bike wasn't originally insured, but damaged and repaired so that it was impossible to tell it had been involved in an accident, there would be no Written Off Vehicle Record. What should that person do when it comes time to advertise?
                              "Bike presents in very good condition"

Because it isn't like new.

Comment

Working...
                              X