Japanese Vs Italian Bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Vs Italian Bikes

I have often heard Italian marques of motorcycles being described as exotic as opposed to the Japanese brands.
    How the f&%k does that figure? Would you describe a Spaghetti Carbonara as exotic compared to say Unagi Sashimi?

It's just the Italian way of life, they are better than every one. Just ask one and they will tell you.

Comment

Its not Italians that r describing their bikes as exotic, the Italian riders I have known in the past all had Hondas

Comment

My VFR has a lot of "soul" and "passion" put into its build. By that I mean it's a moody bitch and has to have the electrical system fixed, but it's really good at turning heads and having people come over to me talking about "the pin-up bike of their childhood"
        Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by SPIRITED View Post
          I have often heard Italian marques of motorcycles being described as exotic as opposed to the Japanese brands.
          How the f&%k does that figure? Would you describe a Spaghetti Carbonara as exotic compared to say Unagi Sashimi?
          You seem to be confusing motorcycles with food.
          -

Comment

It's historical...

Back in the day you had the UJM(Universal Japanese Motorcycle) and the exotics...

The exotics were things like Ducati, MV, Moto Guzzi, Laverda, etc...

That's how it came about...

Comment

Exotic - true veal, Italian style. ie. unborn calf cut from it's mother

Not so exotic - ramen
              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Exotic- gives you the clap but you'd still do it.

Comment

Truffles vs seaweed.
                  -

Comment

Like lingerie vs Packet undies...

One is fancy and cost a shit load more... the other may not be as sexy but does a better job for less money.
                    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Good points all, but just seams like perception in some ways, I don't see how some Italian bikes are any more exotic than a RC Honda or RD500 for example. Even some KTM's are a bit 'out there' and lets not get started on Buells . . .

Comment

exotic ADJECTIVE Pronunciation: /iɡˈzنdik

Originating in or characteristic of a distant foreign country:

Attractive or striking because colourful or out of the ordinary:

(Especially of metals or fuels) of a kind not ordinarily encountered; specially produced:

sounds like they got the description pretty right, what was the question again?
                        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

How many spaghetti carbonaras have you eaten?
                          How many Ducatis have you owned?

How many people eat spaghetti carbonara?
                          How many people own a ducati?

Troll thread is trolling...
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Nothing compares to anything made in Italy. Lets face it......

Anyone can rattle off a list of "exotic" italian brands, then will struggle to find substitutes made elsewhere.
                            Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Meh...

$20k Japanese bike vs $36k Italian bike... For the extra $16k you get better brakes, better suspension.. and that's pretty much it. Both bikes are on par on the road and the Italian will feel like it has the edge on the track.

Throw $16k at a Jap bike and you end up with a weapon that will slaughter the equivalent cost Italian on the road and track.

You're paying for Euro vs Yen...
                              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Working...
                              X