Barfridge has lost his fucking mind!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agrid View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Ducati Scrambler for putting around tpwn. I rented a Thruxton in California a while back and it attracted an inordinate amount of attention from the locals, despite being underwhelming performance-waste.
    I would keep in mind the Guzzi V7 in the same market segment as well. At least that one is still 100% Italian - entirely made in Italy ;-)

Comment

There's a comparo between the Triumph Scrambler and Ducati Scrambler on motorcycle.com they really liked the Ducati.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by rgvlee View Post
        You know what needs to be done...

I've got a $20 for it.
        The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

It was funny the first time and Jeff was a top sport about it. Although a funny forum post I don't think it needs to be any more than that.

Simply riding a Ducati is ridicule enough.

^_^

Comment

^^^^

Still waiting for my Lingerie' shot of Barfy from the last plate buy.

Most disappointing...
            Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 66 View Post
              You know what needs to be done...

I've got a $20 for it.

I'll drop a 50 on it.
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by FaceThePower View Post
                I would keep in mind the Guzzi V7 in the same market segment as well. At least that one is still 100% Italian - entirely made in Italy ;-)
                yeah, I rode Mario's demo/loaner again the other day, it's my old one I traded for the Guzzi, it surprised me how much fun it is even reverted to stock, but was just not enough for the riding I do. Perfect for running errands around town though. I imagine the Scrmabler would be much the same idea.. yet to test one

Comment

Congratulations!

I guess our recent wet weeks must have tipped you over the edge seeing that you've bought something as slow as one!

Comment

Originally posted by sixofthebest View Post
                    Congratulations!

I guess our recent wet weeks must have tipped you over the edge seeing that you've bought something as slow as one!

I've never been a fast rider on the road, especially so these days, after some tragic incidents of the past few years. I get my speed fix with my head a couple of inches off the ground hanging off a sidecar.

So my requirements are for something light and maneuverable for commuting (which is the vast majority of my riding), good looks and enough performance to keep me well ahead of traffic. Servicing on a 2 valve air cooled Duc isn't nasty, reliability is ok for an Italian, and I'm going to have fun doing some modifications.

I don't need or want 300kg worth of 6-cylinder land barge
                    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                      I've never been a fast rider on the road, especially so these days, after some tragic incidents of the past few years. I get my speed fix with my head a couple of inches off the ground hanging off a sidecar.

So my requirements are for something light and maneuverable for commuting (which is the vast majority of my riding), good looks and enough performance to keep me well ahead of traffic. Servicing on a 2 valve air cooled Duc isn't nasty, reliability is ok for an Italian, and I'm going to have fun doing some modifications.
                      Fair enough - it's all good - I've been there and done that - light, flickable, yellow, two cylinder reliable commuter with more than adequate performance - it was called a SV650S. Loved that bike so I can see the attraction. Good looks are subjective though!

Don't knock it until you try it! Having tried both, the excess grunt is really working for me!

But the main reason I like my bike is that it is so smooth and more than happy just cruising around - it doesn't beg me to do warp speed or make me impatient in traffic like most sport bikes do.

Comment

This is the clear indication you've already lost your mind if you ask me.....

Your life in someone elses hands.... Ducati ownership should be a breeze.....

Comment

And his in mine (which is a far more scary prospect).

It's proper teamwork, multiple points of failure, but fucking rewarding when you get it right.
                          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

And his in mine (which is a far more scary prospect).

It's proper teamwork, multiple points of failure, but fucking rewarding when you get it right.
                            There used to be a saying along the lines of the rider can make the difference to if you win or lose but the swinger decides if you live or die...

But that was on an oval shaped clay track...

Probably still applies
                            Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

^^ Therin lies the truth.^^
                              " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Was told on very reliable opinion that Barfy was quite the accomplished Swinger in his day!

Wasn't exactly what I was thinking at the time.

That little Scrambler should hopefully be a fun piece of engine in built up areas...
                                Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X