Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barfridge has lost his fucking mind!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
    Needed some alone time, so went for a pootle out to Lancelin. It still hasn't broken down.

    It pushes wide under power in corners, rear suspension is a bit average on choppy roads, and the bars need to be changed. Otherwise it's pretty well sorted. Suspension upgrades are certainly on the cards.

    Very Nice congrats on the bike, great photo's.
    Iit was on my wish list, trying to talk the wife into buy one in a sneaky attempt at getting one
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
      300 = when you turn it on it counts from 0 to 300 then back again and all the warning lights come on for testing.
      Now that is what I call optimism
      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
      Originally posted by Phildo
      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
      Originally posted by filbert
      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

      98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

      Comment


      • Hey [MENTION=5329]Barfridge[/MENTION], how do you reckon a scrambler would work blatting around the canyons near LA with the missus on the back? They're about $100 a day cheaper than a Multistrada.
        -

        Comment


        • Originally posted by agrid View Post
          Hey [MENTION=5329]Barfridge[/MENTION], how do you reckon a scrambler would work blatting around the canyons near LA with the missus on the back? They're about $100 a day cheaper than a Multistrada.
          The Multistrada is going to make a better 2up bike. I rode a Scrambler the other day and it's a bunch of fun, but no two-person tourer.
          Click Link for My Bikes:

          Aprilia RS250
          1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

          Comment


          • The overly firm stock suspension would like 2-up, but the multi might have more legs.

            I certainly wouldn't complain about a scrambler, and at $100 a day I'd get fond of it very quickly indeed
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

            Comment


            • I'll only have it for a day or two at 150 miles per day to ride out to Neptunes Net and The Rock Store. With the dragon sitting on the back there one be any fun or action footage for RNickeyMouse's YouTube page.

              I rented a Multi last time but it was a complete balls up because my brother rode off a cliff, survived and then came off on a freeway underpass when the throttle stuck wide open. I won't ride with him anymore. I liked new Hypermotard the most but I don't think it would be much fun for a pillion, I've also rented a big Beemer and the little Beemer, a Diavel and a Thruxton. The little Beemer was probably the most fun because the roads are really tight. Maybe the Scrambler is a good idea for something different, I'll keep my helmet on and wear a Deus t-shirt so people think I'm a hipster. The full range is here if anyone is interested http://www.racyrentals.com/english/rent/?v=12556
              -

              Comment


              • Mix it up, try the scrambler.
                They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

                Comment


                • Originally posted by agrid View Post
                  I'll only have it for a day or two at 150 miles per day to ride out to Neptunes Net and The Rock Store. With the dragon sitting on the back there one be any fun or action footage for RNickeyMouse's YouTube page.

                  I rented a Multi last time but it was a complete balls up because my brother rode off a cliff, survived and then came off on a freeway underpass when the throttle stuck wide open. I won't ride with him anymore. I liked new Hypermotard the most but I don't think it would be much fun for a pillion, I've also rented a big Beemer and the little Beemer, a Diavel and a Thruxton. The little Beemer was probably the most fun because the roads are really tight. Maybe the Scrambler is a good idea for something different, I'll keep my helmet on and wear a Deus t-shirt so people think I'm a hipster. The full range is here if anyone is interested http://www.racyrentals.com/english/rent/?v=12556
                  I just bought a scrambler, I'm a short ass, they are a small bike. Have to agree with others here, might be a bit squeezy with 2 on board.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                    Needed some alone time, so went for a pootle out to Lancelin. It still hasn't broken down.

                    It pushes wide under power in corners, rear suspension is a bit average on choppy roads, and the bars need to be changed. Otherwise it's pretty well sorted. Suspension upgrades are certainly on the cards.
                    Bought mine a couple of weeks ago, Already priced up the Full throttle handle bars. About $350 fitted at Frasers. I have the classic seat on mine, It's alot of fun, I'm waiting until I get the first service done before taking it off -road.

                    Comment


                    • I was too slow and someone beat me to the Scrambler. I've rented a Yamaha FJ09 which should be ok two-up. The Scrambler would have been fun go in up Yerba Buena. http://lateralg.org/roads/orange/malibu19.htm
                      -

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                        Needed some alone time, so went for a pootle out to Lancelin. It still hasn't broken down.

                        It pushes wide under power in corners, rear suspension is a bit average on choppy roads, and the bars need to be changed. Otherwise it's pretty well sorted. Suspension upgrades are certainly on the cards.


                        Couldn't wait any longer, I changed the bars for the full throttle bars. $200 including the clamp, took about an hour to change, then another 1/2 hour to take the hardware off one side and put the wiring in the correct spot. A lot more comfortable for someone my size. (5'7" or 170cm). Only downside is the mirrors don't adjust enough to be useful. Although I haven't checked if I can change the angle to suit yet. (Just found out how to fix the mirror issue, pretty easy)
                        Last edited by Deefa; 09-11-2015, 02:18 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Hey Barfy, read around the traps you threw a set of M bars on ol' buttercup.. how's the riding position now? Just picked up an Icon myself and looking at doing the same, or similar.. No issues with having to change clamps, speedo or tank clearance? Any other mods so far??
                          Originally posted by TurboR1
                          Yeah, I remember Ken Done...

                          I look at his work and think... "I could do that, with an enema tube and a arsehole full of paint."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Stressfest View Post
                            Hey Barfy, read around the traps you threw a set of M bars on ol' buttercup.. how's the riding position now? Just picked up an Icon myself and looking at doing the same, or similar.. No issues with having to change clamps, speedo or tank clearance? Any other mods so far??
                            Here's where I am at the moment with it - https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...=1#post3231311

                            I love the bars, no clearance issues, these ones just barely fit around the instrument pod. Heaps of tank clearance, full lock is fine without squashing thumbs. The stock bars are standard 7/8", so there are lots of options out there.
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

                            Comment


                            • Never saw that one.. thanks for the heads up
                              Originally posted by TurboR1
                              Yeah, I remember Ken Done...

                              I look at his work and think... "I could do that, with an enema tube and a arsehole full of paint."

                              Comment


                              • I thought a Ducati Scrambler was quite a reasonable idea until you said clip ons.!
                                National pride should not be a crime!.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X