Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marzocchi to close its doors and cease supplying clients.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marzocchi to close its doors and cease supplying clients.....

http://www.amcn.com.au/news/1505/mar...rces-shutdown/

mmm better buy some spare seals etc....

That's a pity. I remember replacing the rear shocks on my XL500s in 1980. The difference over originals was incredible. I suspect the company has been working within budgetary constraints for a while because the forks on my Hypermotard are shit.
    -

Comment

The fork internals on the Diavel aren't anything to shout about either. Common suspension mod is to swap the rear shock for Ohlins and replace the fork internals with Andreani. I'm not terribly concerned. Absolute worst case is buying a set of Ohlins forks. Pricey solution but its there.

@R160 I found that Ariete make fork seals that fit the Diavel fork. Pretty sure they make ones that fit the Benelli as well.
      If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Thanks bad news, they did some good internals for the SC1000/GT1000
        sigpic

Comment

I wonder what all the wog bike makers will swap too for 2016 for their base models? Sachs? is so the electronic suspension may arrive sooner.

Comment

Palio Bitubo if they are sticking with the local manufacturers otherwise plenty of suppliers in europe. I doubt this will be a problem anytime soon bu I'm hoping the supply of 41.5mm fork seals will continue for a bit.
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Owned by an American company...lots more have been discarded by their Yankee owners....seems when the going gets tough they fuck off. How many European makers faced the same fate?
              Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

That would have been quite a problem for GasGas.

If they hadn't have also gone broke and shut down a few weeks ago.

Bugger.
                One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

well fuck knows what going on because everything that had Marzoochi's in 2015 appears to be wearing them in 2016 from what ive seen from EICMA ??

Comment

some news
                    http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ma...16-101258.html

their MTB suspension arm has been sold to FOX, the motorcycle side is closing up early next year. so I expect Sachs or KYB will end up in the Dukes, MV's Benellis etc..

Comment

Interesting point in that article about whitepower/KTM.
                      Doesn't Yamaha have a slice of Ohlins?
                      Reduced competition cant be great, regardless.

S.
                      Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Good shocks but the Koni's lasted longer between servicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
                          Interesting point in that article about whitepower/KTM.
                          Doesn't Yamaha have a slice of Ohlins?
                          Reduced competition cant be great, regardless.

S.
                          Yeah pretty sure KTM own WP, Yamaha have some arrangement with ohlins, Honda own Showa...

edit: just checked on honda - they don't own showa, but account for > 50% of their sales...
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by R160 View Post
                            some news
                            http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ma...16-101258.html

their MTB suspension arm has been sold to FOX, the motorcycle side is closing up early next year. so I expect Sachs or KYB will end up in the Dukes, MV's Benellis etc..

Sachs I could go with but KYB in an Italian?
                            It's like putting reliable Japanese electronics in a Ducati....
                            Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                            One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                            . .

Comment

Originally posted by Shady7/8 View Post
                              Sachs I could go with but KYB in an Italian?
                              It's like putting reliable Japanese electronics in a Ducati....

worked for KTM

Comment

Working...
                              X