Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supersport and monster dash

Howdy y'all!
    Was hoping someone might know whether or not I am able to swap the innards of my 2004 1000ss dash into a monster housing? I'm kind of street fightering the supersport, I am using a s2r monster top yoke and would like to use an oem dash rather than an aftermarket unit. I believe that the dash works as an ecu for the lights etc. I would assume there would be a data link between that and the engine ecu for the tacho, oil temp, etc which is why I would like to use the guts of my original dash. Thought I'd ask the question quickly before I start pulling it apart, unfortunately google hasn't been very helpful 😞 thanks in advance!

There's a lot of 1000ss's at Perth Cafe Racers, give them a try on Facebook.
    -

Comment

Will do, cheers agrid!

Comment

Originally posted by rory90 View Post
        Howdy y'all!
        Was hoping someone might know whether or not I am able to swap the innards of my 2004 1000ss dash into a monster housing? I'm kind of street fightering the supersport, I am using a s2r monster top yoke and would like to use an oem dash rather than an aftermarket unit. I believe that the dash works as an ecu for the lights etc. I would assume there would be a data link between that and the engine ecu for the tacho, oil temp, etc which is why I would like to use the guts of my original dash. Thought I'd ask the question quickly before I start pulling it apart, unfortunately google hasn't been very helpful  thanks in advance!
        Have you tried ducati.ms some one on there would have tried and there are heaps of SS to cafe mods on the SS section
        sigpic

Comment

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work many Ducati parts are compatible with other models within the same era. If it doesn't work I have an S2R dash, wiring loom & ECU available (8300 kms showing on the dial)

Comment

Thanks Marty, I've since found a wiring diagram and there is no data links as I first thought. I'll get pro twin to turn the immobiliser parameter off in the engine ecu, then I can use a trailtech vapor dash and after market immobiliser 👌

Comment

Working...
            X