New Scrambler backfires and Stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scrambler backfires and Stalls

Did anyone have trouble with their Scrambler backfiring and stalling? I have 300 km's on mine and it has done it enough that I'm back to the dealers today. Seems to be a common issue in the states.

Originally posted by Deefa View Post
    Seems to be a common issue in the states with Ducati's
    Fixed

Comment

Nup, never had that issue.

But mine came with termi pipe and the related remap already installed.
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

EFI or Carbies?
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by Deefa View Post
          Did anyone have trouble with their Scrambler backfiring and stalling? I have 300 km's on mine and it has done it enough that I'm back to the dealers today. Seems to be a common issue in the states.
          Seems normal for that particular brand of bikes

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
          Nup, never had that issue.

But mine came with termi pipe and the related remap already installed.
          Think you got the odd abnormal Ducati with no issues bud, standby for the recall notice
          Best I can do to describe the issue is this.
          Normally it goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, shift, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But now it's a bit more like this
          BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-r-r-r-r-r-, shift

exan

Comment

You know if you have issues like that you can get the bike picked up by your roadside assistance package on new bikes?

Comment

Rider Assist.
              There's something I've never used in 10 years of riding Ducatis.

But the joke about reliability is still fucking hilarious. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Not getting air or fuel or too much of either at the wrong time. Either way, with 300km on the clock it's the dealer's problem. It's not a highly tunes engine so it'll be an easy fix I'd wager.
                EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Took it the dealer, No error messages on the computer, so as far as they're concerned it doesn't happen.
                  Got their attention when I mentioned it has cut out on the freeway a few times.

Tech's solution. Reset the computer and tell me to rev it harder.
                  He reckons he has reset the throttle sensor. It behaved itself on the way back to work.
                  Real test will be when I go home after it has been sitting for a couple of hours and it's cold.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by chew View Post
                  EFI or Carbies?
                  EFI. The firestorm with carbies is running better (than a brand new Ducati with EFI) and she can be a moody bitch when it's cold.

Comment

Which dealer, just out of interest?
                    Originally posted by Desmo
                    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
                      Which dealer, just out of interest?
                      They also sell Harleys and are close to Potato's workshop. In the interests of not naming names..

Comment

I suspected as much from the reaction you described.

Hope it gets sorted.
                        Originally posted by Desmo
                        Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Have a look at the throttle air bleed screw and check if there at the right position for both cyclinders.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
                            I suspected as much from the reaction you described.

Hope it gets sorted.
                            To be fair, that's the same reaction I've had from a wide range of repairers (warranty and service) for Renaults, Aprilias and Peugeots.

What would you suggest as a course of action for a repairer in that situation?
                            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

It's the battery
                              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                              Originally posted by Phildo
                              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                              Originally posted by filbert
                              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X