X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedTrip
    replied
    Originally posted by thro View Post
    Well no, if you want to be pedantic about it and take the question absolutely literally (as opposed to 'there are no italian bikes racing' taken as 'i never see any'), sure.

But 1-2 bikes in all racing grids in the state is hardly a comparable quantity to the Jap brands is it?
    I didn't say that, and I'm not questioning that stat, the OP said that there were NO Italian bikes there last weekend when I know for a fact that there was.
    Were you there? Do you have anything to do with road racing in this state?
    Now if the OP asked why were there no Ducati's racing then that's a different question entirely isn't it?
    People race and ride for different reasons, for some it's just to win and for others it's a passion to ride what they love.

Leave a comment:

• thro
    replied
    Originally posted by SpeedTrip View Post
    That wasn't the OP's question though was it now Jethro?
    Well no, if you want to be pedantic about it and take the question absolutely literally (as opposed to 'there are no italian bikes racing' taken as 'i never see any'), sure.

But 1-2 bikes in all racing grids in the state is hardly a comparable quantity to the Jap brands is it?

Leave a comment:

• Para045
    replied
    Originally posted by Loud View Post
    What's the plural for Panigale?
    Bancrupcie?

Leave a comment:

• Kaido
    replied
    Originally posted by slowpoke View Post
    I managed to free up a few hours on the weekend and took off for Barb's on Sunday arvo to catch the end of the last race round. I enjoyed some great racing but I couldn't help being disappointed when I couldn't see/hear a single Italian bike on track. What's the go? Where are we all?

My never-ending 749/999R project is pretty much complete so I'm hoping to finally get back into it after too long away, but sheesh, how do you say "Nigel-no-mates" in Italian?
    Pro Twin should have their 1198 R racebike out for next season or so i heard. They also have a 1098 Race bike for sale for 15k i think.

debated about buying/building a track only 1199 but as mention the higher cost of the bike and cost to replace parts if you bin it, is what put me off

Leave a comment:

• SpeedTrip
    replied
    Originally posted by thro View Post
    1 (or two) out of how many on the grid?

That wasn't the OP's question though was it now Jethro?

Leave a comment:

• thro
    replied
    Originally posted by SpeedTrip View Post
    There is an Aprillia RSV4 racing in Club 1000, and Donsie 33 rides a MV Agusta there too. Or don't you count them as a real Italian bikes?
    1 (or two) out of how many on the grid?

Leave a comment:

• SpeedTrip
    replied
    There is an Aprillia RSV4 racing in Club 1000, and Donsie 33 rides a MV Agusta there too. Or don't you count them as a real Italian bikes?

Leave a comment:

• Aufitt
    replied
    Seems all the marketing in the world wont turn it into a racebike.

We wuz duped.

Leave a comment:

• JDUC848
    replied
    My neighbour is racing an Aprillia. No idea what category, but I know it's in a competitive class.

Leave a comment:

• Supdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Time bombs
    fixed

Leave a comment:

• thro
    replied
    Originally posted by Prefectionist View Post
    I'd say the generally higher cost of not just the bike itself, but also the parts to get it set up (and to replace if you bin it) for racing plays a big role in this.
    I'd say that's hit the nail on the head.

They just aren't cost effective in terms of performance per dollar.

Things like soul, passion, blah-blah (most of the duc selling points) don't mean shit when the aim is to go as fast as possible within your budget.

Sure, if you have a WSBK budget and full factory support you can race an 1199 fairly competitively (and still get destroyed by ZX-10Rs based on the 2015 season), but for the average privateer I suspect it's just a non-starter in terms of bang for buck.

Leave a comment:

• Ryanoceros
    replied
    Time bomb

Leave a comment:

• =Maz=
    replied
    Panigalei; Pan-a-garli-i

Leave a comment:

• Loud
    replied
    You get extra capacity too, in the right racing class As for the pricing issue, it depends upon if you ask Mr Ducati nicely, and if you're a good rider. What's the plural for Panigale?

Leave a comment:

• Phildo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    If it's anything like supermoto, it would probably be the cost. Most of the people at SMWA are racing KTMs or Jappers, and I think there's two TMs (unless one of them got sold and replaced by a KTM). Initial outlay is more, parts are harder to find/cost more, at the end of the day the only thing you get is added wank factor..
    Also much harder to sell later on, if you look that far ahead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X