No locals racing Italian bikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slowpoke View Post
    Pic of the 851? It's a lil' difficult as it's a work in progress. We had to relocate back from NZ recently so I just threw what I had together to gain import approval and for ease of transport so the pic below is not really representative of the finished product, you'll have to cut me some slack. The other pic is as it sat a few weeks ago. With the engine away getting a wee tickle up it seemed like a good time to do some frame mods to hopefully help alleviate the dreaded crank-case cracking once hp/revs are added to these ol' girls, and to make the frame brace removeable so I can fit a Corsa 1-piece airbox. It's been years collecting the parts I need but once the frame is sorted and painted it should come together again reasonably quickly....famous last words, haha.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    HAHA I'm doing the same, in preparation for going the opposite direction.

I feel your pain about collecting parts over years and years......

Comment

Originally posted by Aufitt View Post
      Seems all the marketing in the world wont turn it into a racebike.

We wuz duped.
      Don't you understand? It's already a race bike!
      Originally posted by Desmo
      Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

You mustve not been paying attention. There was 1 RSV4 on track both Saturday and Sunday, yellow colours.
        And its unfortunate that it was the only italian bike on the grid all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bratt01 View Post
          You mustve not been paying attention. There was 1 RSV4 on track both Saturday and Sunday, yellow colours.
          Maybe that's the problem? They are expecting it to be red and parked on the side of the track waiting on a flatbed
          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
          Originally posted by Phildo
          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
          Originally posted by filbert
          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
            Maybe that's the problem? They are expecting it to be red and parked on the side of the track waiting on a flatbed [emoji14]
            Hahaha

Comment

Id race mine if I wasnt so useless. Love em.
              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by bratt01 View Post
                As mentioned, I definitely saw the RSV4 in the pits when I got there Sunday arvo....but it didn't make it out all afternoon that I could see/hear (love the sound of those things!) but may be wrong.

It just struck me when I saw a couple of guys having a blast in Clubbies on a couple of KTM Superdukes, and it seemed weird that there were more KTM's road racing than Italian bikes, then the penny dropped "hang on a minute, I don't think I've seen any Italian bikes on track......."

It's been a crap year or two for bikes for me so haven't made it to the track since last season when there was a couple of 1198's, a Panigale, RSV4 and a guy in Clubman's doing a great job at the pointy end on an out gunned RSV twin. With the price of used Pani's, RSV4's etc coming down, and MV's 675 being such a lil' ripper I thought the number of folks eating pasta in the pits would have increased not dropped off.

No biggie, I was just a lil' surprised is all.

Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
                Id race mine if I wasnt so useless. Love em.
                Awww c'mon, racing is like sex: I'm not gonna let a lack of talent at either spoil the fun.
                Last edited by slowpoke; 17-11-2015, 09:30 PM.

Comment

There was a White Duc that is in superbike but he didnt make it thru first prac unfortunately. actually is it white or did he go red again i cant remember

Comment

Those superdukes in Club 1000 are seriously fast.
                    Originally posted by Desmo
                    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Prefectionist View Post
                      I remember that as well. Think it was TurboR1.
                      Easily.
                      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Turbs hated being beaten by a fat old bloke on an old MV , hey Turbs.
                        The one race meeting I don't show up because I'm spending too much time in Hospitals and someone show's up looking for Italian bikes - figures.
                        Dons Nel
                        WA
                        [email protected]
                        www.teamdouble3racing.com for MV manuals too.
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...53264738050813
                        Informative MV Forum - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/
                        Eyes shut tight, throttle wide open-ish.

Comment

Working...
                        X