Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryanoceros
    replied
    If it's anything like supermoto, it would probably be the cost. Most of the people at SMWA are racing KTMs or Jappers, and I think there's two TMs (unless one of them got sold and replaced by a KTM). Initial outlay is more, parts are harder to find/cost more, at the end of the day the only thing you get is added wank factor..

Leave a comment:

• D996R
    replied
    There are a pair of Panigale race bikes for sale at Corse Motorcycles showroom. Craig McMartin engines or something. They look the biz......

Got a pic of the 851 Slowpoke?

Leave a comment:

• Loud
    replied
    Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
    What????
    No 1399....so disappointed
    You just quoted the original joke from [MENTION=7479]keys[/MENTION] while reusing his material in the same post... Are you aiming at being ironic?

Leave a comment:

• acdcfan
    replied
    Originally posted by keys View Post
    Just wait till the 1499 gets here
    Originally posted by Loud View Post
    I hear there's a 1299 or two in the works for next year
    What????
    No 1399....so disappointed

Leave a comment:

• BikeRider
    replied
    They stopped racing when the Latte vendors were removed. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Loud
    replied
    I hear there's a 1299 or two in the works for next year

Leave a comment:

• keys
    replied
    Just wait till the 1499 gets here

Leave a comment:

• Prefectionist
    replied
    Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Don't quote me on this but I recall a local racer saying you can run two Jap bikes for the cost of one Italian bike.

Pro Twin Panigale not around anymore?
    I remember that as well. Think it was TurboR1.

Leave a comment:

• Speed Dealer
    replied
    Don't quote me on this but I recall a local racer saying you can run two Jap bikes for the cost of one Italian bike.

Pro Twin Panigale not around anymore?

Leave a comment:

• Prefectionist
    replied
    I'd say the generally higher cost of not just the bike itself, but also the parts to get it set up (and to replace if you bin it) for racing plays a big role in this.

Leave a comment:

• slowpoke
    started a topic No locals racing Italian bikes?

No locals racing Italian bikes?

I managed to free up a few hours on the weekend and took off for Barb's on Sunday arvo to catch the end of the last race round. I enjoyed some great racing but I couldn't help being disappointed when I couldn't see/hear a single Italian bike on track. What's the go? Where are we all?

My never-ending 749/999R project is pretty much complete so I'm hoping to finally get back into it after too long away, but sheesh, how do you say "Nigel-no-mates" in Italian?
    Last edited by slowpoke; 04-11-2015, 11:03 PM.
Working...
X