Diavel thoughts Appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diavel thoughts Appreciated

CIAO Bambinos, just looking to enter into the Italian world of bikes, and I really like the Diavel. Can you give us some insights? More interested if anyone experienced issues? Looking around for a while , seems that everybody sells them before the 35K on the clock, and makes me wonder. How expensive are the services, maintenance? Goods and Pros. If anyone can help, thank you in advance. Cheers Alex.

If they're like most other Duc's the major services (ie. belts) are every 24,000. So I'm not sure why 35k is the magic number.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

As a Harley rider i quite like them, (make of that what you will).
      National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

If you're undecided on the Diavel then test ride or buy a Harley, then you'll wish you bought the Diavel and all your questions will have been answered...
        Last edited by filbert; 18-08-2016, 04:19 PM.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
          If they're like most other Duc's the major services (ie. belts) are every 24,000. So I'm not sure why 35k is the magic number.
          Average number of KM's travelled before the latest 'anniversario' model is released which must be bought to keep with the 'in' crowd at Leederville?
          Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
          Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

35 K is not much and I hardly had any problem till I reached 80K. Dropped mine off to Justin today to have its last service before it hits 100K and it has not had much wrong with it. Great bike and I love it.
            Try to get one with an Ohlins suspension as the stock is not that flash.
            Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Comment

They successfully propel enormous weights at high speed.
              eg. [MENTION=22380]Hooligan[/MENTION](or whoever he is this week) and [MENTION=24890]SilentBob[/MENTION]
              I'm not saying you guys are fat at all. Just big boned! 😳

Comment

That engine is pretty amazing. Take one for a good long test ride

Comment

Umm like [MENTION=24862]GreenMeanie[/MENTION] said it's great for propelling along in comfort, style and speed.
                  If you buy the Gen2 Diavel you don't do the belts or valves until 30k or 5 years. And services are every 15k or 12 months. I'll do an oil change at more regular intervals since it's cheap insurance. So really the servicing isn't that bad even if it's double the price of a jap bike service which it isn't.
                  The tyres costs a bomb and they don't last long. 6-8000km and my rear tyre is shagged. Michelin has stepped up so you know have a choice of 2 whole tyres! Whoopee
                  The signal controls are shit, and have almost zero tactile feel. Half the time I'm failing to signal.
                  The Gen2 headlight is amazing and if you're as blind as me at night you'll love them.
                  It sounds awesome
                  The tank range is almost 300 if you baby, and still about 200 riding like you stole it.
                  Passenger accommodation is ok, I bought a removable backrest to stop the missus sliding back.
                  It's been more reliable than my SV650. Hasn't failed to start. Even after leaving it alone for 6 weeks without a battery tender
                  If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

I rented one for a few days. It was fun but I wasn't too keen on how the seat locked me into a certain seating position. It flicked around canyon roads very nicely for such a big bike.
                    -

Comment

Love mine, gen1. They had a bunch of sticky thermostats on the gen 1 mine was fixed at the first service,
                      first and only problem I've had with it.
                      The major service (belts etc) is at the 24k mark.

The seat was mentioned, there are a few to choose from, I have the ducati touring seat (round $280 from memory)
                      which is a big improvement over the standard seat for me and the misses loves been on the back of it.
                      Very comfortable to ride.

Some complain about lack of or rough running down low, I've never found that even before I had the tuneboy fitted (after installing a pipe)
                      and dyno. I think some people expect them to have Harley low down grunt from about 1500 revs, it's a ducati and
                      they don't.
                      They like to be spinning at, at least the 3500 to 4000 if your cruising, mine will sit on 2500 comfortably but I don't see the point.
                      Great motor with plenty of low down grunt.

Don't let the massive rear tyre fool you into thinking they don't handle well, Ive surprised a few people in the twisties, no superbike but
                      they hold there own.

All in all a great bike, I cant see you regretting buying one.

Comment

I think Hooligan, Mark, is thinking of getting rid of his will let him know you're interested in getting one...wont even charge you a spotters fee...
                        Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

On the Gen2 swapping out the stock exhaust saves you a lot of weight since the cat is part of it and lessen the rough running under 4K rpm. Removing the giant exhaust and replacing with a simple slip on cured it, no Tuneboy required.
                          Also the suspension isn't amazing. The shock is too soft and the forks are too hard. On smooth Tarmac it's great. On rough roads, it's ehh. You either get used to it like I did, or shell out for some Andreani and Ohlins. I'm too cheap.
                          If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

I'm tempted to switch to one from the 1199. Have always liked them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                              I'm tempted to switch to one from the 1199. Have always liked them.
                              Took the words right out of my mouth (except I don't have an 1199..)

Edit - and while we're on the topic of the Diavel - the question has to be asked... what type of helmet (helment? hahah) does one wear on one of these bikes?
                              Last edited by pnork; 19-08-2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X