Dumbleyung Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbleyung Trip

Had a great run to Dumbleyung over the weekend. Stayed at the GODI.
    Saw the replica of Donald Campbell's 'Bluebird' which held the world water speed record in December 1964 267.33mph

Marty 3005

Moto Guzzi Stelvio & BMW G650GS

Thanks for sharing, from memory it was set on New Year's Eve. I bet that made for a great party.
    How long has that been there?
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

Comment

Very early 1930's my grandfather and his mates used to ride up from Albany to Lake D, not sure how they went for fuel unless they had buddies in a car? The bikes were registered in Albany hence the A11 and A18, my gf's bike is A2?

Note the teddy on the front of the middle bike
      Last edited by Stoneville; 27-03-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Geez I thought that was Winston...

Fuel carried in jerry cans.? Biscuit tins..? bud in car with fuel seems contradictory to essence of ride tho..?
        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Originally posted by Green Trident View Post
          Thanks for sharing, from memory it was set on New Year's Eve. I bet that made for a great party.
          How long has that been there?
          Correct. I don't know when the replica was erected.
          Marty 3005

Moto Guzzi Stelvio & BMW G650GS

Comment

Originally posted by GsxInShed View Post
            Geez I thought that was Winston...

Fuel carried in jerry cans.? Biscuit tins..? bud in car with fuel seems contradictory to essence of ride tho..?
            Older bikes were pretty efficient the other thing is there was probably a lot more population and towns through there than there is now. Mechanisation of farming has had a massive impact on regional agricultural areas in the last 80 odd years.
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

They look like a trio of likely looking lads.

I bet the farmers hid their Daughters AND their Wives whenever word arrived that they were on their way through.

It looks like many good times were had on those dirt roads...
              Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Working...
              X