Dry clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry clutch

Well I thought it was interesting. My 1100 Hyper is up for its 36K service. If I was a real man I would do it myself, but I have some important stuff going on.

Anyway, the clutch noise has been horrific for the last 6 years. People look at me and shake their heads. When I'm stopped behind drivers at the lights they move away from me. Added to this annoyance it the fact that I can't hold the clutch in for more than a minute or it starts to creep forward, eventually taking off by itself without my agreement. When I let the clutch out I can feel some resistance and figured the master cylinder was on the way out. Confusing that the fluid never needed topping up but I was going to buy kit, just never got around to it.

Today, I rang Justin a Pro Twin today to book it in for a service and described the clutch symptoms and he was right onto it. Something about the throw-out bearing binding and the clutch shaft spinning. Got me thinking that I was on the wrong track so on the way home tonight I held the clutch in while in neutral ... no weirdness.

Ya lean something every day! Now I have to sell a kidney.
    -

How much for the kidney...was stuck for something for dinner tonight....
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Just Ducati things.
      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

The throw-out bearing was probably made in Japan.
        -

Comment

So the full service, with new clutch and Diablo Rosso Corsa tires was only $2400. That's 25 percent of the value of the bike. Suck on that Japper-riding losers!

[oops edited over to of]
          Last edited by agrid; 11-04-2018, 10:00 AM.
          -

Comment

Seems quite reasonable for a Ducati 1,000km run-in check.
            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

That's 10 services on a Jap bike.
              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Every so often I get tempted by something "Moto Italiano" - it's part of my heritage. Thanks for curing me of that tendency for another year though... my old man was a practical man as well as being italian. I'll stick with the practical option for another year.

Comment

Well except the Bimota Mantra, the Ducati Multistrada, and Morbidelli V8 Mk1 which had a face only a mother could love, the Italians do make some very pretty bikes.

Race track success only boosts the appeal. I've had 3 Italian bikes, shit, still have one and will continue to rag on Italian bike ownership until I draw my last breath.

Comment

It pretty funny riding Italian and driving German. Their fundamental attitudes are worlds apart. Probably why the Austrians make nice bikes. Taking the best of both worlds.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                      [oops edited over to of]
                      I think you were correct the 1st time
                      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                      Originally posted by Phildo
                      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                      Originally posted by filbert
                      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

$2400 for "soul" not too bad..

Remember that Satan is holding the ticket for that 'soul' one day he's gonna call it in....
                        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

I have to say it is pretty quiet and smooth now. Back to its old self. The performance degradation was slow so I hadn't noticed how shit it was to ride.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                            So the full service, with new clutch and Diablo Rosso Corsa tires was only $2400. That's 25 percent of the value of the bike. Suck on that Japper-riding losers!
                            Here I was thinking that my old wog tractor was probably looking expensive to service with its 5000kms interval, you're only $600 short on the 140 000kms engine rebuild I had a few years ago.
                            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

No thought of just replacing the pushrod and pressure plate? Would have been a very cheap fix and you'd hardly have time to scoff a beer while you did it.

Comment

Working...
                              X