Twin spud cannons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin spud cannons

Lets say "hudo" (not his real name) owned a 05 999.
    "Hudo" really like his 999 but also likes the 1098 but decides that he prefers his 999 but likes the twin pipes of the old 996 998 and new 1098.
    looking at the pics of the 1098 it seems like it may be possible to fit them straight into a 999 with minimal mods?.
    that is the question.
    Sis pacis. Instruo pro bellum.

i doubt it
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Search all the Ducati forums...if it can be done they will know...

Comment

thats what i thought but if you look at pics it appears angle spacing and distance all are similar

Comment

hasnt that what that german bloke did in that message Hewie posted?

Comment

Umm im a not know cant find it anywhere searched twice?

Comment

here is

Ive been watching this guy yadda yadda, in this MI section, bottom of the page

Comment

I've seen some brand of muffler for 999 which was two pipes ala 916/1098. From memory it was in the UK and they may advertize in Superbike magazine. It looked really dumb, to be honest. Like a real bitza. One of those "MotoGP" fairing conversions with one light in the nose would have just topped it off. There's 999 exhausts out there which look good - Silmoto looks good and less bulky than the DP. Akropovic have one which looks okay too.
                Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Hey Rod

Let me know if you see any 750 Laverda Carenata over east, I would nt mind getting one, I see A1 in Melb has a 688cc jobbie, but I'd prefer a 750cc

Comment

That would be a good look. Post up a pic if you find one.

Comment

there are some kits available for this style exhaust conversion....casolimoto used to have a few types,(im not sure of their url anymore, google it)...and motowheels have a few types aswell...Welcome to Moto Wheels.com....
                      If your looking for a set of standard 1098 cans to try out/modify/make fit, i can help you out there.....

Comment

FOund em at casoli uk

hmm you guys may be right... kinda bitsa looking

Comment

Righto next question ?
                          I have to fit a new chip to the 999.
                          pipe and filter is done already and i also have to replace the battery carrier.
                          Will I need to get the bike re-tuned?
                          Will it be difficult to change the chips or just a one for one?
                          and if i do it myself is it a waste of time as they will need to get in under the battery case anyways to retune?

Comment

Don't you have to buy the whole computer for those? There's no replaceable chip and I think you can't program them either. Fuel Injected Motorcycles have a programmable U59 (computer) for $1100 (link) If there's no preprogramming for whatever exhaust/intake combo you have, you'd have to get it tuned.
                            Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

why don't yer just buy a 996/1098
                              Better yet...998FE

Comment

Working...
                              X