Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUCATI D16rr....

Gentlemen!...Start your engines?.....

News today that the first of the Ducati Desmosedici will be built this week.
    Worldwide orders for 1250.
    1500 will be available....(Up to 100 into Australia??)
    Orders will cease at December 31st,unless all are allocated prior.
    All bikes delivered in 2008.
    $109,000.

DCCS
    ''It's not how many times we go down,but the amount of times we get back up''

ummmmmm......

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...lbourne-43332/

Comment

Look's are deceiving???

..Theres no brake fluid in that one??oh! and some exquisite use of plastic??...(convinced thousands at PI Expo though)...Lend us a fiver for one??

Comment

What do you mean Kel ? The brake resi is right where its meant to be .. the frame positions are right and the swing arm configuration looks right too.

Id say its more than a mock up. Its probably one of the preproduction models.

Yamaha had a SP exactly the same a few years ago. It was the real bike .. but it was one of the first preproduction models they built. They toured it around to shows for people to drool over.
        Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

That particular DS has plastic bits somewhere or other. It may not have any bits inside the engine either. It stands to reason as it'd cost less to ship it all around the place and it's not a unit which is going to be ridden at this stage anyway. If it's still at Ducati City on saturday I'll try to shimmy past the velvet rope and have a closer look.
          Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Originally posted by kel999 View Post
            Gentlemen!...Start your engines?.....

News today that the first of the Ducati Desmosedici will be built this week.
            Worldwide orders for 1250.
            1500 will be available....(Up to 100 into Australia??)
            Orders will cease at December 31st,unless all are allocated prior.
            All bikes delivered in 2008.
            $109,000.

DCCS
            Making quiet a lot of them IMO I suppose they have a ready made market and by all accounts a fantastic machine so it should be for that kind of dosh. However if you were buying it for the knowledge that you won't see another one on the street you might be seriously disappionted. With Casey's recent efforts there will probally be a few more than 100 in oz.

Doesn't really matter I havn't cracked the turttle training thing anyway and probally won't.
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Correct Rod?....Definate use of plastics,minimal hidden parts,Loaded it into the DDT truck at PI after the Expo......

Comment

the first? didnt they have a launch with press riding the ds? i swear i saw a vid on youtube

Comment

Kel, that's apparantly the case but the darn thing had disappeared by last saturday so I couldn't examine the thing myself.

Davey, there's more than one DS16 kicking about - some "complete" ones (and production ones in the past few weeks), and some show ones which are missing parts.

I don't know what happens to the show ones - stripped for spare parts supply maybe. I'll ask them.
                  Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Deeeeeeeeej can I've a goooo?? PLEEEEEEEASE

Comment

Working...
                    X