Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DID it again - mods getting more serious, more that just gel hand grips :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DID it again - mods getting more serious, more that just gel hand grips :)

Thought I would share, only cause she is really purrin now.

Seems everytime I get my baby serviced I end up with a bit more than just the service.........

At the 1000km service Patto tells me he has a centre stand that will fit my baby that he has had a while, gives me a great price and free fitting.

Second service 5000km Todd comes and asks me if I noticed my hand grip was sliding off the bars, I say yeah, I keep thumpin it back on so he shows me these nice gelly grip ones and I say yeah.

Well my Baby just had her 10000km service and things are starting to get a bit more serious.
    I was makin myself a cuppa out the back and Todd comes up to me with an air filter like what is on my bike and a box with a different type of air filter, and explains to me what it is all about, I asked him what the price is and he works it out and I say what the heck do it.
    So now my baby has a Ducati High Performance air filter and open top box as well as a Performance Commander (think that is right, am schite with names).
    Anyways, my baby now purrs bewdifully and when I crack the throttle she growls and if I give her some she roars, hee hee hee hee.

Oh and the performance has changed noticably.
    Riding home from Bunbury was just oh so smooth and easy didnt have to put my finger on the mirror so I could see what was behind me, she sounds oh so sweeter now and runs like an absolute dream. I didn't think there was a smoother to her but now I feel there is.

Whilst talking to Todd I had a bit of a laugh and said that they always seem to find something extra to do and laughingly asked what he intended suggesting for the next service. Without hessitation he said put a turbo on her.
    I am wondering if he likes me or not, I'll bloody well kill meself.

Well me Bro has threatened to turbo her, nitros her and have flames coming out the exhaust..... there is just no safety anywhere.
    Does nobody lub me

Thanks for letting me share,
    Cal

Oh big thumbs up and thanks to all the Pattos at Wayne Pattersons Ducati in Bunbury. Thank you Todd, I is very happy with my baby and your work. Just not happy I have not the time to ride her more...... that turbo may need be a while in coming cause the Ks are not going to get clocked up as fast now.
    I live in my own little world, but it's OK they know me here

good stuff, the lads and ladies at WP are a great bunch of people :-)

Comment

Excellent! Must be about time for another ride!
      "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
        Excellent! Must be about time for another ride!

Oh Yes it is coming!
        "I don't care if you wear a plastic bag, filled with bubble wrap then zip tied at the neck for crash protection"

Comment

If you want flames just get them to add some extra fuel to the map when it has a closed throttle. Then get some marshmallows

Comment

Originally posted by redtaipan63 View Post
            Oh Yes it is coming!
            When??? When????
            I hope we is on the same shift pattern C???

You are so so so right Sventek

Jumpin around in glee, ride coming up.

Hey Sventek my baby sounds sweet backin off and throttling now... you'll luv her.
            I live in my own little world, but it's OK they know me here

Comment

patto's

Hi Cam
              Can I get the contact details for patto's please

am looking to put the performance commander and new air filter on mine as soon as she gets back with the new stain tune exhausts, because I have been told it will need the chip to tune her again

thanks wendy

Comment

Originally posted by Wendylee1 View Post
                Hi Cam
                Can I get the contact details for patto's please

am looking to put the performance commander and new air filter on mine as soon as she gets back with the new stain tune exhausts, because I have been told it will need the chip to tune her again

thanks wendy
                wendy whoo

patto is the duke dealer in bunbury.

you dont need a chip to tune your bike, with just a set of pipes unless its running lean - even with the stock ecu , it can be tuned to add a bit more fuel at points if it is a bit lean - a power commander is nic but not alway necesary

take your bike to justin at pro-twins in 28 crocker drive malaga, he will be able to set you straight and he a good duc mechanic/tuner - ph 0412924308

dave

Comment

See this is why I lub's you

will give him a call as soon a steh bike come home,

ta

Comment

Working...
                  X