1989 900ss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 900ss?

Would like to know from the Ducatizymo's if this is a worthwile bike to get.
    Reliable , yes I know Ducati's are a bit like Ferrari's.
    Just want something Ducati/Laverda/ Guzzi as a nice weather ride.
    Like the paintscheme with the white middle bit somehow.
    What sorta $$ are they fetching 20 K's on the clock, serviced and rego'd.
    carbies, are they Webbers 40mm downdrafts?
    Your constructive comments are eagerly awaited.
    Thanking you up front for your time taken.

i have riden this model on several occasions and if you not buying it for nostagic value then don't waste your money,

strong points:
    not reliable
    not powerful
    no brakes

I know you asked for positives but there are none.
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Originally posted by arwon View Post
      i have riden this model on several occasions and if you not buying it for nostagic value then don't waste your money,

strong points:
      not reliable
      not powerful
      no brakes

I know you asked for positives but there are none.
      Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Being positive, your hands and wrists will become a lot stronger and your sphincter a lot tighter.

Comment

dunnno how objective arwon is being but generally the 89 900ss isnt that well considered - lotsa fuelling prob with the webber car carby, average handling probs , ok for their time brakes, also some mechanical probs

which you could fix - with a mikuni and general going over and tidy up

but you are probably better off saving your pennies and getting a 91-97 model - much better

unless you got one REAL cheap and were happy to play around with it

dave

ps this guy did a nice job with lotsa hints and mods and he's based in perth - My 1989 Ducati 900SS

Last edited by perdition; 29-11-2007, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Thank you all indeed.
            I shal not proceed with it any further.

Comment

Originally posted by corks67 View Post
              dunnno how objective arwon is being but generally the 89 900ss isnt that well considered - lotsa fuelling prob with the webber car carby, average handling probs , ok for their time brakes, also some mechanical probs

which you could fix - with a mikuni and general going over and tidy up

but you are probably better off saving your pennies and getting a 91-97 model - much better

unless you got one REAL cheap and were happy to play around with it

dave

ps this guy did a nice job with lotsa hints and mods and he's based in perth - My 1989 Ducati 900SS

thats identical to my 88 750's bodywork......

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Your 750 cc bike is a much nicer bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamathi View Post
                  Your 750 cc bike is a much nicer bike.
                  all Ducati 750's are much nicer bikes

q
                  bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
                  -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
                  __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

I reckon those 89 model 900SS's look great.

1992 with the black wheels and white frame looks the best of all
                    Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

they need the carbies replaced with Del Ortto's and they are not to bad. They certainly look nicer in my opinion than the new pointy jappa looking ones. Hey but im old fashioned and like the individial look. The new ones look like jappas at 10 paces!

Comment

agree with you abit, the 91 - 97 900ss are sweet looking - there was a sensational looking 95/96 superlight at ProTwin the other day , the 98 to 2006 SS shape less cool (tho i dont thinkits looks jappa imho) but boy they were uncomfy to me, the 1000ds motor is very sweet tho , much better than the old 900ss carby job .

Comment

Yeah thats fair....depends if you put the value of performance over looks.................

Comment

Originally posted by corks67 View Post
                            agree with you abit, the 91 - 97 900ss are sweet looking - there was a sensational looking 95/96 superlight at ProTwin the other day , the 98 to 2006 SS shape less cool (tho i dont thinkits looks jappa imho) but boy they were uncomfy to me, the 1000ds motor is very sweet tho , much better than the old 900ss carby job .
                            gotta agree with the 91-97 being sweet looking, but im biased

with a set of flat slides on them they preform respectably as well.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

what looks best in the carpark wins for me!
                              and the lounge of course........................

Comment

Working...
                              X