MM Corsaro test in Dec's Cycle torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM Corsaro test in Dec's Cycle torque

pretty good, tester rated it as the "best" bike he's ridden all year :-O !!

YES , it will turn people over to the dark side Nath!

And that wasn't the Veloce, was it?

Thats where the power is mate!
    07 MV F41000R
    09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
    07 CBR 600RR trackbike
    sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

whats the diff between the corsaro and corsaro veloce ????

oh and they all need clipons ....no cowhorns :-)
      Last edited by perdition; 30-11-2007, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I believe (although I could be wrong) that the Veloce has a ohlins rear unit, termi's and a spare ecu and different pegs ( slightly more rear set)
        the test was the standard Corsaro :-)
        Nope actually scratch the ohlins its a sachs as per the base model
        but hey, its black all over :-)
        Last edited by R160; 30-11-2007, 05:00 AM.

Comment

I saw one of these in New Zealand about a year ago... big and powerful!

Somewhere on this forum I posted pics of it... last week I was in the shop and they had a red on... think they were about $23000... look menacing!
          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by corks67 View Post
            whats the diff between the corsaro and corsaro veloce ????
            About 6hp! the Veloce is the flagship.

All the things Nath mentions and the extra ECU is a racing one.

The termi's have a pull out baffle for REAL NOISE! :fap:
            Last edited by Ozboy; 07-12-2007, 01:47 PM.
            07 MV F41000R
            07 CBR 600RR trackbike

Comment

I dont know about the power, the Moto Morini Australia website lists both Corsaro's at 140HP at the crank, (about 105Kw) same as the TnT's and my Tornado, so about 120 to 125 atrw, the 9.5 is about 20hp less, but hey , its not the first time a italian spec sheet could/has been wrong !?
              hopefully it is, Roll on the demo's at Bikers Corner !!!!!!!!!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                I dont know about the power, the Moto Morini Australia website lists both Corsaro's at 140HP at the crank, (about 105Kw) same as the TnT's and my Tornado, so about 120 to 125 atrw, the 9.5 is about 20hp less, but hey , its not the first time a italian spec sheet could/has been wrong !?
                hopefully it is, Roll on the demo's at Bikers Corner !!!!!!!!!! :-)

Maybe I got it mixed up with the 9 1/2 Nathan.

I'm pretty sure Sheridan said approx 140hp for Corsaro and 160hp for Veloce.

but your right, cant wait to see the demo's!
                07 MV F41000R
                07 CBR 600RR trackbike

Comment

Here's a UK test of the Corsaro

According to their own website, the Corsaro 1200 Veloce has 140hp - the same as the regular Corsaro.

Ha ha, the 9-1/2 is a 1187cc, I thought it was a potent bike with 120hp coming from 950cc.
                  Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

There is also a write up in the latest AMCN....I haven't it read yet, but glancing at the captions, pretty sure they loved it too.

Comment

old test

o5 that UK one, All of the 05 and 06 MM's were given a EVo kit, which involved bigger rads, minor body bits and ecu mapping changes , and various other things, they suffered from all of the same problems as the 03 Tornados and 04 TnT's. poor starting and charging and cooling, and mapping, they were all fixed with factory free upgrades, just like the Benelli factory, the early Benelli motors (03 04), and the current MM motors were/are built by Franco morini, hence the same problems, Benelli engines are now build in house by Benelli, whereas MM was sold to the Franco morini company by the family that resurected the MM marque, interestingly the inital people that revived MM where from one of Italy's richest families, much like how the Merloni Family revived Benelli before selling it to the Chinese. Its little known that BMW approached Benelli and offered to buy them outright to spearhead there (BMW) push into the sportbike market, but they wanted to shift the factory to Germany and the italian unions stepped in to say no, TVR also made a offer and they wanted to shift it all to the UK, only the Chinese buyers wanted Benelli to remain in Italy, hence the new owners, it will be very interesting to see how MM develop now that FM own them and the brothers that initially developed them are now out of the scene.
                      Last edited by R160; 02-12-2007, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X