Moto Guzzi 1000S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto Guzzi 1000S

Did see this beauty this morning on the toyrun!
    What's the verdict on this, please?

The short of it its a MKV lemans in 750S clothing a retro before retro was cool production or 1989 through to 1992. On some the wire spoked wheels were an optional extra. Much sout after model prices are starting to get a bit silly just under 12 new and you'll be looking at that at least to get one. Linked brakes old school rear end with shaft jack and delorto's that need both hands on the throttle to open them few things around to imporve that. Very frugal motor with 23litre tank but getting hard to find one for sale now.
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Magnifico....

I remember when these came out they were awesome...

That is in fantastic nick

Gzr
      Geezer ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
        The short of it its a MKV lemans in 750S clothing a retro before retro was cool production or 1989 through to 1992. On some the wire spoked wheels were an optional extra. Much sout after model prices are starting to get a bit silly just under 12 new and you'll be looking at that at least to get one. Linked brakes old school rear end with shaft jack and delorto's that need both hands on the throttle to open Ithem few things around to imporve that. Very frugal motor with 23litre tank but getting hard to find one for sale now.
        What would you buy this one for?
        I.E. what would be a decent offer?
        this one has 95000km's on the clock!
        I realy like the look of it.
        But KM's are pretty high.
        plusses are; 1000cc, L/E, in good nick on the outside.
        Would it need a rebuild with that sorta KM's on it?

I got the owners details and it seems for sale.
        Last edited by Jamathi; 01-12-2007, 03:37 PM. Reason: more whoring.

Comment

im sure murray is going to tell you this, but at 95 thou kays, the motors just starting to bed in

but you need to check the state of everything else - suspension, brakes , electrics, but on the whole the bike would be pretty solid.

the youre gonna have to take one for a spin and a good one - to see whether or not , you get the guzzi way of doing things...

but definately a cool bike

New Page 1

Comment

Originally posted by Jamathi View Post
            What would you buy this one for?
            I.E. what would be a decent offer?
            this one has 95000km's on the clock!
            I realy like the look of it.
            But KM's are pretty high.
            plusses are; 1000cc, L/E, in good nick on the outside.
            Would it need a rebuild with that sorta KM's on it?

I got the owners details and it seems for sale.
            Dunno what I would pay but I would expect the asking price to be the 10 12 K mark a similar Lemans V you'll be looking at around 7to 10 K (for a prisitne one) but the 1000s is considered the one to have. Providing oil changes have been done and valve clearances there is probally not much to look for it will probally need a new timing chain and adjuster if it hasn't already been done. If the owner has looked after the bike it would of been done at around 80 000kms. Price of parts for timing chain +adjuster is around $110 and about 350 ish ride in ride out. The rear uni may also be getting a bit sad $60 for the uni, fitting ??? Switch gear should be common with the Ducati's of the era. The K's are possibly not ideal however I think you will be hard pressed to find a bike thats 15 years old with less. Possibly the clutch might be a bit average depends where its been ridden.

Around the 140 000 km mark you may need to look at a top end rebuild barrel and piston kit is around $1300 (for both sides) bottom ends should be good for around 2-300 000kms. Mario at Thunderbikes probally knowes the bike and is pretty striaght about how things are etc etc might be worth going and disturbing him. The factory fit rear shocks were pretty woefull but as its been ridden there are probally a set of Koni's/Ikon's in residence anyway.
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Thanks Murray!

Comment

hey murry try 240 ooo before top end rebuild!

See you at marios next time mate

Comment

you are right though about being sort after. My brother in law's was the last one sold I know of and that went for big dollars. 8 months ago

Comment

I have always had a soft spot for these and the 1000 sport very nice but I would not pay that much for one. Guess thats why I don't have one

MM

Comment

Well got a 1000SP anyway as a way to insure I do not miss out.
                      Happy as pig in poop!
                      Now the waiting is on for the 1000S to be collected!

Comment

There are a few beautifull bikes at Thunderbikes in bayswater at the moment!
                        Their leather gear is very good and well priced.

Comment

any 2 strokes of interest there bert?

Comment

No, but I luckily scored 2 GT 250 machines, aircooled the pre RGV grand daddy!

Comment

Thunder bikes dosnt care much for jappas... Big twins only! although they get the odd trade in from people who see the light.

To the previous post, not to be picky but i think you are referring to the 1100 sport not the 1000... The 1000 was the Lemans or sp in J's case.

Comment

Working...
                              X