Bikers Corner/ MM Benelli and Bimota news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bikers Corner/ MM Benelli and Bimota news

dropped off the Rs for a service and fettle today and was chating to Shannon and Sheridan, real nice people, their expecting the first demos any day now( so with a few days to rego and DD they will put on demo's).
    I believe the first bikes with be a Corsaro with termi's fiited , a 9.5 Morini and a benelli Cafe racer. (apparently Benelli's biggest seller in Oz), Saw a lady owners CR up there, very nice. so WA's latest Benelli count is 3 Tornado's and 3 Cafe's :-).

Good news on the Bimota front, SCPS will be importing them, the DB5 sports bike, DB6 Deliro naked and the 1098 Ducati DB7 (expected to retail for no more than 40K). So pretty soon Bikers Corner (SCPS dealer) will have a nice range of prestige bikes!. Good luck to them, what with the new Benelli BX range,1130 Tornado, Tre-K and Due 756,675 Triple supersports, Due based Cafe Racer and 09 V4 1000 superbike, plus the Moto Morini multi road bike ( forget the name) etc the futures pretty bright for BC i would say.

I'd expect the Bimota bikes to take about 6 months for ADR approval and red tape processing before we see them, but there will be only 1 Bimota dealer per State, and WA's agent will be Bikers Corner :-)

Also good to hear that SCPS ordered over 150,000K worth of parts etc for the Benelli, making parts and accessories back up really good.
    the BX 570 Motard is coming to Oz too!

Cant get over how sweet a Cafe Racer looks in the flesh...AWESOME

So when I win lotto I can order my Desi 3D through them? sweet!
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
      So when I win lotto I can order my Desi 3D through them? sweet!
      like above...... anyone know the aussie delivered cost of a Tesi 3D? to say i am keen would be like saying Ike Turner is keen on punching Tina once in a while......

Comment

Another comany called Vyrus? was making them unsder sub contract. Can't remember but the water cooled fourvalver was north of 75K by order only strangly.
        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Bimota now built the tesi themselves, the 3D 1100cc 2 valver only, i believe Vyrus still do the 4 valver. You can ask the american on this MI subsection what his Tesi 3D cost him ?

Comment

Tesi 3D is something like $USD36k in the US. Here's a review from england: Bimota Tesi 3D (2007-current) - Motorcycle Reviews - MCN Review is a bit wierd as it says the multistrada engine in it doesn't suit the "heavy" tesi and goes well in the hypermotard and the DB5, which weigh 180kg and 165kg respectively.

If that DB7 gets here for less than $40k then that's more like it. It has virtually no increased performance over the 1098.
            Last edited by rod; 03-01-2008, 05:40 AM. Reason: Changed my mind about that DB7.....
            Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
              Tesi 3D is something like in the US. Here's a review from england: Bimota Tesi 3D (2007-current) - Motorcycle Reviews - MCN Review is a bit wierd as it says the multistrada engine in it doesn't suit the "heavy" tesi and goes well in the hypermotard and the DB5, which weigh 180kg and 165kg respectively.

If that DB7 gets here for less than $40k then that's more like it. It has virtually no increased performance over the 1098.
              Its the build quality and parts that separate the Bimota from Ducati.

After all Bimota are the Bucatti of bikes, Ducati are like Maserati, if that helps at all.
              07 MV F41000R
              09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
              07 CBR 600RR trackbike
              sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Mmm yeah the Bimota has some machined components, partly for looks and/or performance but also because their low production runs might make it cheaper to machine rather than cast. Same with the carbon fibre stuff. I don't know who builds the Bimota frames - I think Verlicchi do the Ducati ones. I don't see how an increase in build quality like that could make the bike just about double in price. If they charged twenty grand for something with a Hyo donk then it might be justified - Ducati 1098's aren't really renowned for poor build quality. Maybe they should build some superbike type of thing with the Moto Morini v-twin.

Comment

The Corsaro is there now, went up to the shop this evening and had the pleasure of seeing, hearing ,touching, etc

Looks good, seems to be a well put together beast-standard exhausts are a bit hard on the eye but they have a set of Termi's to put on it which will fix that

As Molly Meldrum would say-do yourself a favour and check it out

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
                    Mmm yeah the Bimota has some machined components, partly for looks and/or performance but also because their low production runs might make it cheaper to machine rather than cast. Same with the carbon fibre stuff. I don't know who builds the Bimota frames - I think Verlicchi do the Ducati ones. I don't see how an increase in build quality like that could make the bike just about double in price. If they charged twenty grand for something with a Hyo donk then it might be justified - Ducati 1098's aren't really renowned for poor build quality. Maybe they should build some superbike type of thing with the Moto Morini v-twin.

I would have to say, I wasn't really impressed by the build quality of the 1098.
                    The engine however would have to be as close to perfect as engineering will allow, with all of Ducati's racing data, you can't go wrong there.

It makes me wonder though, why Bimota hasn't approached Honda to build a V4 for their powerplant. Maybe an upspec VFR engine or similar.

If you put the Bimota side by side with any other machines specs, you will see justification for the price tag. Of course limited # will always increase pricing.
                    07 MV F41000R
                    09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                    07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                    sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy View Post

It makes me wonder though, why Bimota hasn't approached Honda to build a V4 for their powerplant. Maybe an upspec VFR engine or similar.

If you put the Bimota side by side with any other machines specs, you will see justification for the price tag. Of course limited # will always increase pricing.
                      Honda would never accept that someone could put a better frame around one of thier engines than they can. They let Rossi go to prove it was their engineering and not the rider putting them on top.

After forking out for a limited production run machine what happens when the Italians get the time to do it right, they really do it right.
                      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Cant wait to scope out the bikes at BC. Bimota now have an agreement to use only ducati power for their bikes. I believe Verllichi still continue to make their frames, minus the billet plates etc. Verlichi make frames currently for Ducati, Aprilia/ Piaggio, Benelli MV etc etc, all of them I think !

Comment

Benelli make frames too! I think they make a motorcycle frame for Aprilia and some scooter frames. I think there was a link to their website somewhere here in MI!

Comment

Wonder how far the Grandpasso is away?

Comment

well guys as I own a SB8R I can telll you its about the build qualitity, handling and exclusivity, each to his own the 1098 is sensational but even though my bikes 9 years old people regularly walk straight past 1098s to look at it, good and bad comments

I will be putting my hand up for a DB7 anyone want a good second hand kidney?

Comment

Working...
                              X