749 to a Custom 848 - Dyno Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 749 to a Custom 848 - Dyno Run

"Before as a 749 (blue) and after as an 848. (red) Building an 848R is not easy. It takes modified 999 cylinders, modified 999 head gasket, and custom pistons. The pistons ended up being 18g heavier than stock, so I had Ben Fox balance the crank. The kit 749R ECU is used with a Power Commander. I was able to get the fueling pretty good, but I would sure like to be able to mess with ignition timing, I think that would clean up the power delivery a little bit and add a few more hp. All in all, however, a 10hp gain for 100cc's with no other changes isn't too bad."

Yeah, but a piston and gasket set does not an R make.
    Their are a whole heaps of extra's in an R motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
      Yeah, but a piston and gasket set does not an R make.
      Their are a whole heaps of extra's in an R motor.

List them, the 848R extra's that is?

I posted it for people interested in viewing the results from a modified 749.

You want to nit pick on what he calls the bike, go for it!!!

Comment

Way to go mate
        Anyone who tinkers or customises deserves credit where credit due
        Real Men Ride Nakid
        http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

There are some 749/848 racebikes for sale in the US somewhere. They've been racing in some class for the past year or so. Is that 138 at the back wheel or estimate for the crank? 138hp is pretty good for 848cc - the real 848's have around 120. 128 from a 749 (not R?) is not bad either!
          Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Whats the hiccup at around 5.5K ?

Comment

Could be emissions i believe they test bikes at around that rev range

Comment

Working...
              X