Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Causeway's Today....

Hi guys -

Went into causeways to pick up my shiny new 1198S today (YEAH baby!), and man what a sight, I truly felt like a peasant.

They had 2 (yeah 2) D16RRs, a Bayliss 1098R, a couple of other "generic" 1098Rs, and a stack of pedestrian 1198S's like mine.

I dunno what it was about today, but more and more hot bikes are showing up at causeways every time I go in there.. Most were apparently customer bikes being worked on, but never mind, it was a sight to behold.

So yeah picked up my new 1198S and man this thing is mad.. MAD... I've had plenty of sport bikes before, but none that wanted to rip me a new arsehole like this thing does.

Only feathering it around up to 6krpm, but it doesn't stick around I tell ya...

And the noise/heat is just sublime. Sit in traffic for more than a minute and you better get ready for a parboiled arse and legs.

pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

One of the Desmo’s, the Bayliss and the black 1198s are mine. I'm having Venture shield paint protection put on them. I picked up the Desmo around lunchtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylock View Post
        One of the Desmo’s, the Bayliss and the black 1198s are mine. I'm having Venture shield paint protection put on them. I picked up the Desmo around lunchtime.
        i kinda hate you right about now

Comment

Congrats on your new baby
          I live in my own little world, but it's OK they know me here

Comment

ahhhh yes I heard they were all owned by one guy, congrats. I hear you're a bit of a car fan too..

Way to go. you can't take it with you.

The bayliss looks fantastic, but if that was my desmo, it would be behind plexiglass in my loungeroom. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
              pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Will post some tomorrow after I give it its first wax.

Comment

you lucky bugger! enjoy your new baby!
                I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

nice bike kryten. so how long is it going to take to get to the first service! [and who u going let do it?]. whats the headers like? going to change them to something a bit louder?

Comment

Bet they cost you a pound of flesh Shylock
                    There are two questions in life.
                    1:Which way do I go
                    2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

Originally posted by qm848 View Post
                      nice bike kryten. so how long is it going to take to get to the first service! [and who u going let do it?]. whats the headers like? going to change them to something a bit louder?
                      mate it looks like it's going to take me a while.... This weekend was the best I can remember for months, and I only managed to clock up 47ks on it......

I'll take it back to the guys I bought it from, they were excellent in the sales front - so hopefully their service is as good too.

Nah I don't think I'll be changing the exhaust anytime soon. It's plenty loud enough as standard (what a sweet tone)...

That being said, who knows.. I was thumbing through the 2009 performance catalogue that came with it and it was making me drool... Titanium conrods anyone?.. nice.

Comment

Nice package of bikes!!!

Whats the G.O with Venture shield paint protection??

Originally posted by kryten2001 View Post
                        I'll take it back to the guys I bought it from, they were excellent in the sales front - so hopefully their service is as good too.

Nah I don't think I'll be changing the exhaust anytime soon. It's plenty loud enough as standard (what a sweet tone)...

That being said, who knows.. I was thumbing through the 2009 performance catalogue that came with it and it was making me drool... Titanium conrods anyone?.. nice.
                        Excellent Bike dude!!

Cmon, you know you want to change the slip-ons at least!!!

Ring up and get a price on the rods, but, be sitting down though!!!

AND PICS PLEASE!!!!!

Comment

I went and rode an 1198 last week.

Its a sweet bike and I know what you mean about being vicious, when you crack the throttle it rears straight up..

I asked the guy about the Desmos and it turns out their are 30 in WA.

I think most people assume there is only a few but with 30 around they must be pretty common.
                          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

So there's more D16RR's in Perth then the super rare silver 03 R1? That's crazy
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Haha maybe the silver 03 will be worth more one day.
                              My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Working...
                              X