Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Causeway's Service Dept..

Hi Guys -

Can anybody out there who's used Causeway Ducati's service for aftermarket addons (exhaust etc etc) please PM me with details about their experience?

I really don't want this thread to turn into another one of those sledging dealers type thread, but I really do want to know how others out there have gotten on when they've used their service for anything more than a lube...

I'm considering some mods on the bike (exhaust/slipper clutch) and want to know how others have gotten on with them.

Thanks all...

Do it yourself mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
      Do it yourself mate.
      I've heard nothing but bad things about the quality of the 'doing it myself' service department. Total wanker runs the place.

Comment

Lol, fair enough, I won't let any other wanker touch my bikes.

Comment

LOL!

Do you really need a slipper clutch? Do the mufflers first and then see how it goes, engine braking wise.
          Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
            LOL!

Do you really need a slipper clutch? Do the mufflers first and then see how it goes, engine braking wise.
            Yeah the cans with an appropriate tune on the ECU was really my main want.... I understand that the Termi's ECU is programmable and there's a bit of a procedure involved - so I want to make sure it's all done properly. Tuning is a bit of an art eh..

Comment

I used to love the engine braking on my old Ducati's. You can move the rear around nicely without have to trail brake all the time.

Blow the money on some other yummies first.
              Please, call me Flash...

Comment

i never had an issue with causeway s always good to me and one of the mechanics there is a racer .
                Posted via Mobile Device
                Guns don't kill people, people with moustaches kill people.

Comment

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the input - but I was more looking for feedback on people's experience with using causeway's rather than alternatives. They've done a very good job so far, but I wanted to be sure on the service front as I've heard a few stories.

Cheers. PMs are fine to prevent it turning nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by crash View Post
                    i never had an issue with causeway s always good to me and one of the mechanics there is a racer .
                    Posted via Mobile Device
                    Causeway Ducati or Causeway Yammaha?
                    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

With the ECU which comes with the Termignoni muffler, it needs to have the throttle position sensor (TPS) set so that the new ECU knows what voltage on the TPS is "zero". As Jules said, theres some minor adjustibility which is the trimmer and this applies a plus or minus over the whole map and is used to bring the whole map into some sort of normality (although the standard maps can usually be further improved).

The DP ECU's don't do much more than disable the exhaust flapper valve. 1198's etc run a closed loop system so they kind of adjust themself....

There are plenty of people who use other than Terminogni and there are various methods of disabling the exhaust flapper without the check engine light coming on.
                      Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

its the same service department only honda have their own depo
                        Posted via Mobile Device
                        Guns don't kill people, people with moustaches kill people.

Comment

Haven't got any major work (or minor work) done yet but after warranty runs out I think it would have to be ProTwin when warranty runs out. I have a bike with lots of stuff on it all installed by Frazers and I suspect Causeway may have installed non-duc headlight connector which caused the main fuse to keep blowing which Frazers kindly fixed FOC.

When it comes down to it I have only heard consistently positive things about Patto and ProTwin so for me the د's have it. The coin being spent on a full system plus ecu (whichever brand) is not small so you want a place with backup and passion for the bike.

my 0.02 worth, service is only good until it goes bad....

Comment

yep if my bike has to go to a shop it'll either be pro twin or patto
                            Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

have used the service dep at causeway for the duke an they were ok, but after the service of the other two, WOW
                              Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Working...
                              X