900SS Freshen Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 900SS Freshen Up

As already posted under the "neat little article on carbied 900ss " thread.

Rather than Hi-jack the original thread, will continue on with a new project for myself.
    Be a bit more simpler than the last but I hope to see big improvements
    in the bike from standard trim.

I have spoken with Justin at Pro Twin, yes, can go very radical with work on these engines, lighten the internal timing gears, close ratio gearbox, re-position the intake ports in the heads etc etc..

At the moment the plan will be for Suspension Valving + Springs to suit my arse, 41mm Flat Slides, Slip On Pipes, Vee Two 210 (??) Torque Cams, looking at 944cc kit with Hi Comp pistons (10.5:1), use my 998 Oil Cooler when doing this.

End result should be a comfortable bike of which can carry a pillion, plenty of low down torque with a nice step up in Midrange.

Below is a Dyno graph (from Brad Black BikeBoy.org - 900SS CARB WITH 944 KIT).

"The chart below shows before in green, after in red. The before is the final, "after" configuration from the "900SS CARB WITH SOME VEE TWO CAMS" report. The after is with the 944 kit, without any other mods. The wavy nature of the curve through the 4,000 to 5,500 RPM range is probably due to the too much compression/ignition advance issue. The blue line is std with slip on mufflers, just to show how much more it had."

41mm FCR Keihins ($889 USD) have been ordered, plus a 40T rear sprocket ($38 USD) - https://www.ca-cycleworks.com/
    Keep 15T on the front...

Corbin seat is also on its way, just Love Ebay!!
    Good deal for $334 AUD, the Australian distributor quoted me something like $530 plus shipping and a wait time.

Will see Russell at Dynotime to have the suspension work completed, was thinking going Ohlins rear but will just keep the standard shock (valves/spring) as think that is sufficient for what I will be using the bike for.

Anyhow better pics with more info to come as it all happens...

bastid

and just when are you going to find time to ride all these bikes ??????
    Last edited by perdition; 19-08-2009, 11:06 PM.

Comment

So when is the sprintex supercharger going on?
      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Nice one. You'll like that Corbin saddle. I've used them on every Ducati I've owned. A kidney belt would have been cheaper but nowhere near as sexy.

The four valves, I can take or leave but the two valves always stir the emotions. I have an envy thing happening.
        Please, call me Flash...

Comment

Like that earlier shape Jules , nice one.

DJ
          There are two questions in life.
          1:Which way do I go
          2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

Nice project..

I will be watching closely, just ordered a set of Dynacoils for mine.

Already got the flatslides and Termi's. Thinking about a 944 kit.

I love my ss. Good luck with yours.

Comment

where did you get the dynacoils from and how much $$ ?

Comment

Originally posted by perdition View Post
                where did you get the dynacoils from and how much $$ ?
                You found them for me. $224 + $34usd.

DUCATI DYNA IGNITION COIL AND PLUG WIRE SET M900 900SS:eBay Motors (item 400041061537 end time Aug-30-09 06:59:58 PDT)

Comment

hahahaha thats funny - let me know how you go and how you think they are worth it

Comment

Originally posted by perdition View Post
                    hahahaha thats funny - let me know how you go and how you think they are worth it
                    Yeh will do.

Comment

Hey Jules,

I'm guessing you still want to keep it pretty streetable, whats your horsepower expectation given the engine work your planning?

Edit...Duh. I just read the dyno chart...... so like early 80's hp and good torque. Nice.

Comment

Thats the nicest looking Gpx 250 I have ever seen!!!
                        nah, so much better looking than the later duke supersports. I'll be following this thread with interest.
                        Can you help with foster care?
                        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Needs raw carbon tank and fairings.

Originally posted by Flash Harry View Post
                          The four valves, I can take or leave but the two valves always stir the emotions. I have an envy thing happening.
                          I love the desmoquattro, I really do, but once they start to make power, they have this horrible "farty" sound to them.
                          The 2 valve motors sound amazing and pull all the way up to their rev ceiling, and nothing has ever sounded as good as my M600 on the overrun.
                          Last edited by Desmo; 20-08-2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

My brothers building the same model atm with lots of custom mods...watch this space!

Comment

Maybe we need a 900ss thread, where we can discuss mods, places to buy stuff and grenerally show our shit off??

Comment

Working...
                              X